LOST

spectra

So how did Sawyer' date=' Claire and Kate die? It looked like they made it off the island on that jet... How about Hurley and the weasel-y guy? How about the pumpkin-head baby? That little bugger sure got screwed...[/quote']

My theory is that the time between the island and sideways-LA don't correlate. Given that time on the island is pretty random anyway, I think I can justify that. So it could be that the plane made it off the island OK, and they lived happily ever-after, and went sideways when they eventually died. Or maybe the plane took off, but never made it (easy to believe with the McGyver'ed window and hydraulic system, no matter how much Miles believes in duct tape).

Hurley and Ben took care of the island as long as they could (Hurley told been "you were a pretty good number 2 outside the church, so it appears they hung around new-Otherton for a while).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did Sawyer' date=' Claire and Kate die? It looked like they made it off the island on that jet... How about Hurley and the weasel-y guy? How about the pumpkin-head baby? That little bugger sure got screwed...[/quote']

They were only dead in the flash sideways. This was were they stayed in limbo until they could all "let go and move on".

Everything that happened on the island, happened.

Everyone who survived the plane crash did actually survive until they died.

I beg to differ! I think they all died in the plane crash and everyone they met on the Island was dead.

This was why Locke could walk. Why the lady with cancer (Rose? I'm bad with names..) went into remission.

Richard never aged because he died in the shipwreck and just took freaking forever to let go.

This was why nobody could commit suicide because they were already dead.

It's the only thing that makes sense and ties everyone together for me.

Pumpkin head baby? Who is pumpkin head baby? I missed that character.(laugh)

I beg to differ! I think they all died in the plane crash and everyone they met on the Island was dead.

This was why Locke could walk. Why the lady with cancer (Rose? I'm bad with names..) went into remission.

Richard never aged because he died in the shipwreck and just took freaking forever to let go.

This was why nobody could commit suicide because they were already dead.

It's the only thing that makes sense and ties everyone together for me.

Pumpkin head baby? Who is pumpkin head baby? I missed that character.(laugh)

They were only dead in the flash sideways. This was were they stayed in limbo until they could all "let go and move on".

Everything that happened on the island, happened.

Everyone who survived the plane crash did actually survive until they died.

I agree with AquaticEngineer. They didn't all die in the plane crash, we KNOW that because Christian said that everything that happened, happened. The alternate world was a place that they created so they could "Find" each other after they had died in life. We KNOW this because Hurley and Ben lived out a life where they were numbers 1 and 2.

Locke and Rose becoming healed is something they'll never explain totally but we can speculate that the Island's electromagnetic fields has something to do with that. That's how they explain lots of things, it seems.

Richard never died because Jacob made him that way. In a way, Charlie did kill himself (many people did die) when he pushed Desmond out of the sub and locked himself inside to drown. He was alive until that point. So, people could kill themselves if they wanted to but no one bothered and Richard couldn't.

A lot of people are having issues with Aaron (turnip head) was at the church - but when you think about what Christian said, it's not so surprising. They all find each other at the time in their lives when they were most important to each other that's why Claire was preggers and Kate was there to help with the birth, Jack/Island/whatever heals Locke, Sawyer meets "Juliet after Jack", Sayid saves Shannon, etc etc etc.

Like I said/implied before, the church represents an afterlife. People lived and died AFTER the island but when they met in the church, they had all died by then (old age, cancer, whatever!). Many moved on, Ben didn't, Jack did die on the island, Michael was stuck on the island, and the actor playing Walt hit puberty too fast and cannot be made to look like young Walt. Then again, on the Jimmy Kimmel show, they said the ending (heaven/purgatory/whatever) was meant to be interpreted per each person's beliefs.

Nice summary, thanks! Poor turnip-head (not pumpkin-head lol), trapped in the body of a baby for all eternity.

And for the record, IMO: jumping the story to a much later point in time, where the questions have all been worked out off-screen, isn't the same thing as actually answering the questions. YMMV. One thing's for sure, it beat the holy frak out of BSG's last ep.

I agree that they didn't die on the plane crash. The suicide restriction was limited to people who Jacob had touched. I don't remember if they showed Charlie being touched, but one could easily argue that he didn't commit suicide, but just put himself in harm's way for the sake of others. Besides, the suicide restriction is not explained by the theory that they are already dead, because as others have pointed out, many did die by other means.

One alternative I've been pondering is if they really all died when Juliet set off the nuke. When she said "It worked", was she already dead, and having the same "I remember" moment as we see the characters have in LA? But that would imply a second level of sideways.

But perhaps her impending actual death allowed her a "vision", much as it appeared that Jack had in the bamboo grove.

One alternative I've been pondering is if they really all died when Juliet set off the nuke. When she said "It worked", was she already dead, and having the same "I remember" moment as we see the characters have in LA? But that would imply a second level of sideways.

But perhaps her impending actual death allowed her a "vision", much as it appeared that Jack had in the bamboo grove.

oooooh, i forgot about that.... I'm going with the "vision" explanation since that would fit with my theory. :p (laugh)