LOST

spectra

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I get a warm feeling inside every time Ben gets beat up. (clap)(clap)

So are you guys still feeling like the Man in Black might actually be the good guy?

I'm getting the feeling that there aren't really any "good guys" just differences in opinion about what is the "right thing to do" and both feel that they will use any means necessary to get to that end so it makes their actions "right" in their minds. (sounds familiar....(scratch))

Smokey kills people but Jacob was the one who essentially killed his brother and made him the smoke monster to being with..

The writers obviously liked bible stories and Shakespeare as there are many references to both.:D

Ultimately I expect the ending to be as ambigous as the series with no clear concrete resolution....(nutty)

I'm getting the feeling that there aren't really any "good guys" just differences in opinion about what is the "right thing to do" and both feel that they will use any means necessary to get to that end so it makes their actions "right" in their minds. (sounds familiar....(scratch))

So, assuming that the crazy "mom" figure is right about the danger of the light getting snuffed out, am I interpreting your post to mean that you think It's neither "good" nor "bad" to bring an end to all the goodness in the world just because you want to have your way?

:confused:

Smokey kills people but Jacob was the one who essentially killed his brother and made him the smoke monster to being with..

Sure Jacob blew it, but he acknowledges that he was wrong and is looking for a solution to his error. Smokey just keeps on truckin' regardless of the consequences. Seems like an important distinction to me.

(innocent) (devil)

So, assuming that the crazy "mom" figure is right about the danger of the light getting snuffed out, am I interpreting your post to mean that you think It's neither "good" nor "bad" to bring an end to all the goodness in the world just because you want to have your way?

:confused:

Sure Jacob blew it, but he acknowledges that he was wrong and is looking for a solution to his error. Smokey just keeps on truckin' regardless of the consequences. Seems like an important distinction to me.

(innocent) (devil)

That's what I mean. Crazy mom thinks light getting snuffed out means the end of the world will happen but crazy mom bashed in real mom's head with a rock and lied to the kids about their mother for years. I tend to question people like that LOL.(whistle) Man in black also questioned this and wanted to leave and had his opportunity until crazy mom hit him in the head and killed all his people.

None of this really endears me to crazy fake mom!:D

Jacob blindly follows crazy mom and stays with her because he is a follower like a sheep and doesn't know any better. He even knows that crazy mom favored man in black for the job of protecting the light. I think the reason is because Jacob is more of a follower...

I for one would have been a little more pissed at my crazy fake mom for bashing the head in of my real mom.. but hey that's just me!(laugh)

All Smokey wants is to get off the Island. There is no proof that this is a bad thing. Again we are just going by what crazy fake murderous lieing mom says...

I was initially a little let down, but then I usually like things wrapped up in a nice neat package. But the more I think about it, I really like how it wrapped up.

I also had a feeling that Juliet would be Jack's ex in the flash-sideways (either her or Anna Lucia).

I was a bit surprised to see Boon and Shannon back, though I guess we did see Boon on the plane in the flash-sideways. The were fairly significant early on, but there has been little about them since.

I was hoping to see Mr. Eko again. They spent quite a bit of time on his backstory, so I was a little surprised he didn't show up somewhere.

I was initially a little let down, but then I usually like things wrapped up in a nice neat package. But the more I think about it, I really like how it wrapped up.

I also had a feeling that Juliet would be Jack's ex in the flash-sideways (either her or Anna Lucia).

I was a bit surprised to see Boon and Shannon back, though I guess we did see Boon on the plane in the flash-sideways. The were fairly significant early on, but there has been little about them since.

I was hoping to see Mr. Eko again. They spent quite a bit of time on his backstory, so I was a little surprised he didn't show up somewhere.

Well, well, well guys, 6 years of our lives has ended to here....

I, too, was initially let down by the ending but the more I think about it, the more I'm like, "okay, well, I guess that was pretty good, could they have really done it any other way?". (My co-worker told me that he thought it would be great if the children born on/because of the island, came back once they're adults and then killed Locke.... has potential....)

I was really surprised that Juliet was Jack's ex-wife. I truly thought it was going to be his real ex-wife before the island (the lady who he saved after a car accident). But I guess it makes sense with the parallels between island and alternate world.

I was surprised to see Boon and Shannon back too and not Michael and Walt or Mr. Eko. On the other hand, we kind of know that Michael is "stuck" on the island for his deeds and I'm guessing that if deeds determine your passage to the church then Mr. Eko is a no go as well. Although, they could have at least cameo'd him (or did they? They did flash to a table with someone who looked like him during the concert...) This could be why Ben Linus didn't go inside the church too.

BTW, did anyone love the Target commercial with the boar running through the jungle - at first, I was like, "What could they possibly be selling?" DOH!(clap) Too good, too good.

Did anyone watch the Jimmy Kimmel alternate endings? I liked the first one....

Last nights episode of LOST was one of the best! I finally feel like I am getting some answers!

It really does make sense that they are all dead and in hell. I don't know why I didn't think of that before DOH!

I mean they did show the plane crashed with all the people still on board at the bottom of the ocean but I was more willing

accept that some dude named Charles Whitmore staged the whole thing.(scratch)

It also makes sense why Jack was able to speak to his dead father.

I told you guys they were all dead but noone would believe me!(whistle)

It's the only way I could see that they could wrap everything up and link everything together.

I also know it's a little nutty to quote myself!(nutty):D

So how did Sawyer, Claire and Kate die? It looked like they made it off the island on that jet... How about Hurley and the weasel-y guy? How about the pumpkin-head baby? That little bugger sure got screwed...