LOST

spectra

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my opinion was though the first 2 seasons it was pretty awesome. Then I jumped back in not remembering where I left off and started again on the 4th season and everything went all stupid. I just can no longer stay interested in that show.

I understand that there are only so many things you can do on this island and they had to come up with something but geez, I just dont get it. Just my opinion I know a lot of people love this show but it was the same thing as Smallville, great for a while and then "is this supposed to be entertaining?"

I never got into the show. I watched a couple episodes in the beginning then they showed some scene in some bunker with a button that wasn't supposed to be pushed....that is when I thought to myself "this is stupid" and haven't watched since.

Based off of what I read and hear I am not missing anything.

episode 1 had a lot of exciting revelations. Although suspected, Locke is most definitely now a "Mocke". And Mocke = Smokey! But I've assumed that Mocke was a bad guy and yet, recall that Smokey protects the island and didn't we establish somewhere that Smokey only kills bad people? Mocke = actual good guy?

The Juliet thing was lame.

I'm a little nervous about the plot on the new airplane/timeline.

Seeing Desmond on the plane was a big Lil Jon WHAT!

Temple people? So, this is where the people who get kidnapped end up? Where are the children? Will we see Claire?

Episode 2:

boring Kate and Sawyer

Hey! It's Mac from Always Sunny in Philadelphia! Another good show.

Ending: ahhhhhhhhhgggg!!!!! Throw up dinner.

Additional thoughts

There are four groups of people on the Island:

1. The Others = Dharma

2. The Other-Others = Anti-Dharma

3. The Other-Other-Others = Temple people

4. Them = Losties

But! Are the Anti-Dharma and the Temple People the same? Mac makes a point to remind us that he's been on the island all along. IMDB flashback to "Not in Portland" episode and he was on the Anti-Dharma team guarding the station where dumb Carl was being brainwashed "God loves all as he loved Jacob". O_O

So if Carl is now on Temple Team but back then he was on Anti-Dharma Team then are they the same? And if they are the same then what team is Claire on? And is Sayid now on the same team?

Last season! Epic.

Finally something I know about

I'm new to the saltwater aquarium world but have been watching Lost from the beginning.

So in my opinion Juliette told Sawyer "It worked" before she died meaning they succeeded in blowing up the magnetic force field. I sound like such a geek now!:D.

So the scenes where Claire and Kate meet are what happened because the plane didn't crash.

The ones where Kate, Sahid and everyone on the Island are because as Daniel Faraday said in the past "what happened has happened you can not change the past." So their world is still as if there plane crashed.

Make sense? Not really....

I'm new to the saltwater aquarium world but have been watching Lost from the beginning.

So in my opinion Juliette told Sawyer "It worked" before she died meaning they succeeded in blowing up the magnetic force field. I sound like such a geek now!:D.

So the scenes where Claire and Kate meet are what happened because the plane didn't crash.

The ones where Kate, Sahid and everyone on the Island are because as Daniel Faraday said in the past "what happened has happened you can not change the past." So their world is still as if there plane crashed.

Make sense? Not really....

I agree that the new plane scenes are the alternate ending to if the plane did not crash. However, why is Dhamaville under the ocean? It did exist but is now under the ocean.... also, apparently the shark at the under the ocean scene had the Dharma logo on it.

If the new timeline is if the crash never happened then how did Jack get that cut on his neck? Also, if this is new timeline is only new because the plane did not crash then what the heck is Desmond doing on the plane? Before the crash, he was on the island already. Right? Or is he exempt because he's like a time traveler already? Eeep! (scratch)

When Juliette blew up the mine shaft this was sometime in the 70's can't remember when so I think everything beyond that changed and thus altered Desmond ending up on the Island because now the Island is at the bottom of the ocean.

I did not notice the shark with the Dharma logo and they will probably never answer that.

As far as Desmond being on the plane, one of the the common points was that you can't change fate and that the characters are all somehow linked.

The writers did admit that not all the questions will be answered just the ones involving the main characters and what they care about.

my opinion was though the first 2 seasons it was pretty awesome. Then I jumped back in not remembering where I left off and started again on the 4th season and everything went all stupid. I just can no longer stay interested in that show.

I understand that there are only so many things you can do on this island and they had to come up with something but geez, I just dont get it. Just my opinion I know a lot of people love this show but it was the same thing as Smallville, great for a while and then "is this supposed to be entertaining?"

That's how I felt! I was really into the first two seasons then started in on the 3rd and was hoping for some answers that don't seem to ever come and it just seems to keep getting weirder, plus wasn't there like 9 months between the 2nd and 3rd season? I haven't watched it since.

Heroes, Dexter and this other show I just got into about a widow who sells pot to make ends meet after her husband died. Those are great shows!

the show may have lost a number of its viewers over the years, but i certainly am not one of them. i still thoroughly enjoy the show, its characters and story lines. i was very satisfied with the two hour season opener. it was just the right length of time; when i felt myself hitting that "i want to know more" peak.....there was still another hour left!

i dont tend to watch interviews with cast or crew or read too much into the spoiler websites, but i did find this interview entertaining and informative. they mentioned things i hadnt thought of yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKv1R66W8PM

i like the part when they reveal who the smoke monster is before the audience has even had a chance to watch the episode.

so things that interested me about the last two episodes:

the island under water. fascinating. the dharma shark hasnt been seen since walt was taken off the boat. i like that they brought that back briefly.

i do enjoy the opposite story lines of being back on the island and being landed back at LA. its so wonderful to see claire and boone and charlie again, if even briefly.

desmond on the plane was interesting. that didnt make sense to me. even if the island never existed, desmond would still have participated in that sailboat race....right?

you bring up a good point yenna. so the others killed off the dharma folk. moved into their barracks and stations. made carl watch that weird video. and yet, an extension of the others also live at the temple without any sort of technology and with behavior that doesnt seem congruent with brainwashing. so that was weird. i would like to see what ben and the temple leaders relationship was before the plane crashed.

from the beginning of last season we see that there are two deities on the island. one good one bad. apparently jacob has been bringing people to the island for centuries. how come? why is the dark guy/smoke monster always trying to foil his plans and kill jacob? where is home for him, i wonder?

i hope we get a black rock episode, i want to see why that ship is so far inland.

and i think josh holloway should get an emmy or grammy or oscar for his performances lately. hes really impressed me with the scope of his emotions, even though usually they are just frowns.

claire. what? why would she be out in the jungle with a gun, when the last time we saw her she was so nonchalantly hanging out with her dead father in an old shack. now shes taking on danielles role? i hope they explain that coherently.

i had a bunch more questions and thoughts after the initial opener, but theyve slipped away. ill be back here for sure from now on, just for you scott. ill hold your hand through this, you will get it!

I'm going to keep with it this season, just to see where they take it -- I'm hoping we don't end up with a BSG-style hand-waving, pay-no-attention-to-the-man-behind-the-curtain final episode run but they've only got a relatively few number of episodes to go.

And seriously, last episode was *filled* with [language filter]!? moments that felt like they were just thrown in to confuse the situation.

My biggest fear with Lost is that the ending is going to be something like the ending in St. Elsewhere (some of you are probably too young to remember that show) but in the end the hospital was all in the imagination of an autistic boy.

I worry that the common thread and link is Hurley who was in a mental hospital and that the entire Island and characters are made up in his mind. They hinted at that in one of the seasons. This would explain why one of the characters on the Island , the psychologist, was in the same mental hospital. It would also explain why he can talk to the characters who have died and why he is one of the few people who can see Jacob.

I hope to God that's not how they end it because I think it is just a lame and lazy way to end the series.

"I want answers! [language filter]!"

Good interview, Jordan.

The whole thing with Sayid being "infected" make me think of Danielle talking about how all her party got sick and so she killed them. Did they die before becoming infected? Also makes me wonder about the other folks who have died then appeared later (Claire, Jack's dad, etc.) were just reanimated like Sayid, or something completely different. I guess the others mostly just appeared mysteriously to one person at a time, not zombielike for everyone else to see.

I am anxious to see how they explain the two ongoing realities/story lines.

Desmond on the plane didn't surprise me that much. I was more surprised that Shannon, Michael, Walt, etc weren't on the plane.

How many different groups of others can there be? This new group knows of Jacob, so they must have some ties to the anti-Dharma group, but how much? Also, do you think that temple was always on the island but they never found it? That seems unlikely.

Seeing how "Present-Prime" is being treated as a new individual storyline, rather than as a one-off "here's what *could* have been", from a pure narrative point of view they should bring the two storylines together.

One guess: Kate-Original shows up at a crucial moment in the Kate-Prime storyline and takes a bullet for her, something like that.

My biggest fear with Lost is that the ending is going to be something like the ending in St. Elsewhere (some of you are probably too young to remember that show) but in the end the hospital was all in the imagination of an autistic boy.

I worry that the common thread and link is Hurley who was in a mental hospital and that the entire Island and characters are made up in his mind. They hinted at that in one of the seasons. This would explain why one of the characters on the Island , the psychologist, was in the same mental hospital. It would also explain why he can talk to the characters who have died and why he is one of the few people who can see Jacob.

I hope to God that's not how they end it because I think it is just a lame and lazy way to end the series.

"I want answers! [language filter]!"

I can totally see that ending but I have faith that the writers won't do that to us. It would be like that Dallas thing where some character died but it ended up being a dream. Or the Buffy episode where she's in a mental hospital but you never know which reality is real. AhhhghDOH!

undrtkr_00 - those are some good points. It never occured to me that Calire and Jack's dad could also be "infected". I definitely linked Danielle's group as being infected with the same thing that Sayid is.

I do think the Temple has always been on the island but why it hasn't played a more important role (until now) ...I don't know...

Now that you mention it, it was weird that all those people weren't on the plane.... Where exactly did the timeline restart? Did "it" really work? History is different BEFORE the plane crash.....

Andy - that would be strange and sort of be like a eyebrows raised, "really?" moment.(nutty) (laugh)

I agree that this ending might happen, but I think it'll be in Locke's head. He's the character with the most difference between his "real life" persona, and who he is on the island. He also seemed to be near omniscient even before he became the smoke monster. There were lots of indicators of the dichotomy happening in Locke, the black and white chess pieces, Claire's dream where Locke had one white and one black eye, etc etc. One could argue that these are symbols of the battle between good and evil, but what if its the battle between reality and fantasy in Locke's mind?

we saw glimpses of the temple on a map ben carried a few seasons ago. and it was repeatedly mentioned when the others split, most went to the temple, a few stayed to live with ben in the old dharmaville. it was supposed to be far away, which is why nobody stumbled across it until season five when they found the outer wall.

i guess what i would also like resolved is the purpose of the others. it doesnt really make sense to me why they split into two groups: the temple group and bens group.

the temple group seemed to alternate between bens group and the temple, until ben told most of the others to go there. they appear to be mostly hippies without technology. fair enough, it matches with following jacobs lead.

bens group lived at dharmaville. lived in well kept houses. showered. ate a variety of culinary delights. used a submarine. went between the two islands and operated the research facilities. dressed as castaways and played mind games in the forests to kidnap people. tortured carl. it just doesnt seem that congruent of a single group following the same chain of command: the others to richard to ben to jacob.

i dont mind that not everyone was seen on the plane. especially in the case of walt, i just dont think its logistically possible for the show to be able to provide that. so the audience just has to assume that everyone is back on the plane, even those characters we didnt see. i do agree that the timelines will converge. i dont know how theyll do it, but ill roll my eyes if present jack is like...."WE HAVE TO GO BACK!" again and then they go back to present island jack and akjehfkajsdhfasdh. that and a "it was all a dream" ending are also my feared series finale scenarios. i dont think they will be what we will get however, much to my delight.

i have always liked locke. hes always been my favorite. i hope he comes back to life. i dont want the last i hear of real john locke being pathetic and confused. i hope the writers expand on this scene, as ive always hoped it would play an integral part to the rest of the series:

I agree that this ending might happen' date=' but I think it'll be in Locke's head. He's the character with the most difference between his "real life" persona, and who he is on the island. He also seemed to be near omniscient even before he became the smoke monster. There were lots of indicators of the dichotomy happening in Locke, the black and white chess pieces, Claire's dream where Locke had one white and one black eye, etc etc. One could argue that these are symbols of the battle between good and evil, but what if its the battle between reality and fantasy in Locke's mind?[/quote']

That's a good thought too about Locke. He has lived through being pushed out of a buidling and then could walk on the island and then was killed by Ben but then reappeared as the smoke monster.