Need some help....

180Brandy

The one thing?

People... more important... FRIENDS!

The food is always wonderful... fattening...

But .. without someone to share it with.. worthless...

On that note... If anyone needs socialization/food this Thanksgiving... My house will be open.

Because of work conflict with my children... we are not traveling.

We also get a spiral cut ham from costco, along with turkey, potato rolls, costco pumkin pie, peas. smashed potatos. I make my own cornbread stuffing. My son makes the green bean caserol, I have been stuffing and cooking the Thanksgivin turkey for 30 years. I always use the renalds cooking bag. NOT poking any holes in it. Always a great bird. I don't get them with the popup "It's done"... It's done when the meat on the leg is folling off to tuch..... I'm hungry... A cliant of mine raised and had dressed out a 36 pounder that I'm making for x-mas. Now that will be an adventure!!!!!!

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 cups coarsely chopped apples, about 2 medium apples

* 1 1/4 cups chopped celery

* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

* 1/3 cup mayonnaise

* 2 teaspoons sugar

* dash allspice

* 1 teaspoon lemon juice

PREPARATION:

To make Waldorf salad, place chopped apple, celery and walnuts in a bowl. Combine mayonnaise, sugar, allspice and lemon juice. Toss mayonnaise mixture with apple mixture. Serve waldorf salad over salad greens if desired. Waldorf salad serves 4 to 6

Our family is rather large, so we usually do about 4 different turkeys...though not home raised by father-in-law like our prime rib for X-MAS...maybe some day, but I'm not plucking them....gives me the heebee jeebees.

We deepfry one, and in a commercial BBQ, do 2 in there with different herbs in each and a regular old baked one. Also the rest is potluck, bring a side dish and a desert or salad. We get so much variety and never eat the same thing each holiday.

For the herbed ones, use a gigantic syringe to inject herbed oils and whatnot into the meat.

And Nu-2Reefn, I'm surprised anyone actually eats those cranberries :)

Honey and pinapple glazed ham... OMG...

Badbaxters home brewed beer to top it off... heaven

Did someone say Vodka? LOL

We also make a pasta salad that has some crazy stuff in it but noone has ever not liked it, has some sort of vinegrette, avocados, and who knows what else, all good stuff.

And the best part? We are going to someone elses house this year for thanksgiving!! WOO HOOOO!

And have to have some Porto (Quinta do naval LB) to end the night or cook it up with some granny apple smith apples and top with ice cream.. if your not driving of course. That will make you crazy if nothing else.

We also make a pasta salad that has some crazy stuff in it but noone has ever not liked it' date=' has some sort of vinegrette, avocados, and who knows what else, all good stuff.[/quote']

All this talk is making me hungry, and I'm not even near ready for dinner....goes to show the power of the mind. I want that pasta salad recipe please!!!!! Never had one with avocados, but darned willing to try it!

Ok to me you must have mashed taters, gravy, deviled eggs, rolls, and corn(why I don't know, just do). Turkey or ham either way its all good.

But we like to add in stuffed mushrooms, texas eggrolls(like at Roadhouse), and you gotta have beer......lots of beer!!!! Sometimes we will have wine or a mix drink but it always ends up being beer in the end!!