Sign in to follow this  
Mikep503

Swap meet?

Has the club ever considered having a swap meet? I think most of us that have been in this hobby for years have at least a box or two (or 10) of new and used equipment laying around. We could possibly even even bring fish and frags. Maybe a $5 or $10 a table charge to sell stuff to help cover venue costs with any profits going to buy supplies for the tanks for teachers program? Just a thought. (scratch)

Location would probably be the hardest part. I'm personally not picky but it would be nice to find a somewhat central location for everyone. I would think close to I-5 somewhere between Salem and Wilsonville so the Portland / Vancouver crowd and the southern guys could all make it. We will never make everyone happy on location (wife)

That would depend on how many people are interested. I wouldn't think it would take alot. Someone's shop or a gym..... something along thos lines. (scratch)

My school if you want. Since it is in Albany people from south would show up. Only about an hour drive from Portland.

I think that is a great idea! Maybe we can have teachers from different areas set it up in their area. The money can go to teachers in their particular area or pool the money together.

Your school would work great for me, I just wasn't sure how it would work for the Portland members. I personally think that the sponsors should be allowed to set up a table and dump some of there used equipment to if they would like.

I see no reason why we can't have a swap meet at my school meeting in March. It would also be cool if some of the proceeds went to the tanks for teachers program. At this point people could respond to this thread and reserve a table so that we get an idea of numbers of people showing up. I know the Eugenians will be there in force.

Let me know.

I see no reason why we can't have a swap meet at my school meeting in March. It would also be cool if some of the proceeds went to the tanks for teachers program. At this point people could respond to this thread and reserve a table so that we get an idea of numbers of people showing up. I know the Eugenians will be there in force.

Let me know.

You could have a table charge of like $20 for the people who want to reserve one at your school meeting, all of the proceeds going to TFT!!!

wow I like that. It would mean I could buy bulk salt and give a bucket to each new TFT member and if possible even supply old TFT members with free salt. That would ROCK!!! notice this Clay!