Sign in to follow this  
CCCP

Help needed!!!!!!!!

hey guys i'm having someting weird with my stony corals, it looks like bites somekind, or some invinsible flatworms eating it, anyone have any idea how to stop it, or what should i do, is my coral going to die, should i flag what's left ? DOH!

PB113664.jpg

PB113659.jpg

PB113663.jpg

PB113670.jpg

PB113671.jpg

I'm not an expert on it, but being you can see them, If me, I would frag off a piece or 2 and do a fresh water dip with lugals, swish it hard in there for about 45 seconds. Same temp, prefferbly ro

I did a iodine dip solution for 5 min for the fist coral, second one is too big i cant even pull it out of the aquarium it's about 14"x17" in size. its' just weird because corals looks happy beautifull colors, you can see polips on every brunch, first i thought it was one of the fishes biting it but i dont know no more.

i have one yellow tang, 2 Palette surgeonfish, one moroon clown fish,few peppermint shrimp, 2 fire shrimp, 2 white bandit cleaner shrimp, sally lightfoot crab,few serpent stars, feather starfish,coral beauty, pink skunk anymonyfish, some chromis, blue devils like 10 of them,sixline wrasse, bicolor blenny,jeweled blenny,purple tang with yellow eye, stuff like that.

hummmm... i don't think any of them would be coral eaters, but it does look like the bites i had on corals from a lemon peel angel

is it on the inside of the colony, or just on the tips/edges?

I GOT THE SON OF THE &^*&^@^(@ THAT DID ALL THAT, I STAYED ALL NIGHT TO CATCH HIM ON BITING MY CORALS, " than it took me that much time to chatch a little bastard" i put him in my frag system for now, i'm doing barbique this week, grilled fish sounds good " jk"

Blenny.jpg guilty and charged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you catch the bi-color in the act? That seems kinda odd to me. I have heard of issues with these guys but I really didnt think they would. Well its a good thing ya got him if hes doing that. Later Ryan

Hmm...I remember my bicolor nipping at my frogspawns sometimes...didn't think anything of it. I'll have to monitor it now. He hasn't been bothering them lately though and only been eating algae off the rocks and glass.

Good job. I have a bi-color blenny, never seen him do anything more then munch on algae.

I wonder what made him go bad, and after everything we do for these fish.:P

I GOT THE SON OF THE &^*&^@^(@ THAT DID ALL THAT, I STAYED ALL NIGHT TO CATCH HIM ON BITING MY CORALS, " than it took me that much time to chatch a little bastard" i put him in my frag system for now, i'm doing barbique this week, grilled fish sounds good " jk"

Blenny.jpg guilty and charged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA i love it i was in the same boat as you a couple weeks ago, watching my hogfish take down a sarcophyton and try to nip at a brain coral. He is now back at the lfs. Good to see it wasnt a flatworm or parasite issue. lata

Wow. Thats aawesome you caught him in the act and then caught him. Ive never heard of that from a bi-color either but i have had a couple of bad fish in the past that people say wouldnt do what i watched them do.

Heck...i have a clown right now that nips at my gorgonia every night. No huge damage.....but he definitely tears pieces of it off here and there.......