Gas prices?????

nu2reef-n

Well i hope some good things come out of it. I hope it opens ppls eyes to see how much these companies are making' date=' and also how much our gov is making too. I hope it speeds up the demand for hybrid and hydrogen power cars as well.[/quote']

Ford is still claiming they will have a couple production hydrogen cars on the market by 2010. This means that we will be able to buy them and stop at a local hydrogen station and fill up...Here's the catch...Hydrogen right now is expensive, up to $20 a kilo depending where you get it from...A gallon of gasoline has the same energy content as a kilo of hydrogen, but vehicles using the latter get two to three times higher mileage. So I guess we will see if the hydrogen craze is really what it is cracked up to be. I think we need to focus on solor energy and how to store it and then use it at a later time.

I just had a thought looking through this thread. What about the long term?

It sucks having high gas prices right now but in the long run, might it be a good thing? Is there anybody out there that thinks our countries unsustainable reliance on foriegn oil is a good thing? Perhaps this will kick start some serious development of alternative energy sources that could be created,produced, sold all here in the states. Ethanol, biodiesel, Hydrogen....anything has to be better than oil.

For now, ill be riding my bike and looking for a VW Jetta TDI and a contract with McDonalds for their leftover french fry grease.

just my $.02

I think that the gas prices will not change and alternative fuel will be "half -assed" researched as long as the current leadership is in place.

That's all I'm gonna say on the matter :)

BTW I don't want to get into a political debate, this is just an opinion

My friends dad owns Oberson Oil in Corvallis. He is starting to sell Bio-Deisel there right now. Its definately a step in the right direction. I also just help setup a small 150 G setup over at a friends house. He figured he could make it for about 75 cents a gallon. Hes gonna convert his 99 F350 here pretty soon so ill keep yall updated. LAter Ryan

just my $.02

I think that the gas prices will not change and alternative fuel will be "half -assed" researched as long as the current leadership is in place.

That's all I'm gonna say on the matter :)

BTW I don't want to get into a political debate, this is just an opinion

Agree 100%.

Biodiesel is where its at now. I sure hope the hydro technology picks up the pace.