I couldn't resist

JasonH

Highly doubtful, but absolutely beautiful. I'd take the chance if I had a big enough tank personally.

Great find jason, we want pics as soon as you get him in the tank, and a full write up if you please about your experience with live aquaria.

Thanks man n nicely done on the great aquisition.

we want pics as soon as you get him in the tank' date=' and a full write up if you please about your experience with live aquaria.[/quote']

I took several pictures - which are unfortunately on the camera at home. I'll add pictures to this later, but had some time so I thought I'd reply.

Keep in mind this was a Diver's Den order, not from their regular stock. I don't know if there is any difference in the shipping process, but under their shipping info it mentions that the Diver's Den items ship from Wisconsin and other stock ships from California - so I mention it just in case.

So, I ordered 3 items. I ordered the Juvenile Blue Girdled angel (1 3/4 inch) - and as long as I was ordering, I got 2 acro crabs (clap).

I have to say that I was VERY impressed with the shipping.

-First, the box was HUGE and the shipping weight listed on Fed-ex was 18 pounds. Even if you allow a few pounds for the box and packing material, that's 5 pounds of water for each - tiny - creature. Here's a picture of the box and bags:

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

-Second, shipping was actually pretty cheap. The base shipping cost is only $35, with an extra $10 for morning delivery. There was no box charge.

-Third, boxing was perfect. It was shipped in a good Styrofoam cooler with 3 heat packs and filled with peanuts. Each creature was in a full black-out bag (top and bottom) and in six (6!) bags. The acro crabs actually shipped with a small live coral piece to hold onto! Again, all of this with no additional box charge.

That's what I can think of in terms of feedback on LiveAquaria, but let me know if you have any other questions.

I definitely believe in supporting local shops, and buy most of my livestock locally, but you have to appreciate ANY company that does it right. And LiveAquaria definitely did it right in this case.

Say hello to my little friend:

IMG_0308.jpg

Not a great picture, but in the tank:

IMG_0316.jpg

Yeah no kidding. You know I have to admit. Ever since my 12g nano I have wanted a Solana but never got it. When I went to the bowfront....although I liked it and the fish I was able to house, but it was never really satisfying to me. Then I moved back to the cube's and ever since day one with this tank I have had no regrets...I really like the cube's over almost all other designs.

I got rid of my triggers because I noticed that in the 72 that is what they would do all day long...left to right....right to left...and repeat. I felt bad for sticking them in 24 inches. But then again, I feel bad for my tang and wrasse too....but you don't see me getting rid of them now do you? I mean yes, I know at some point here I will either need to put the tang in a bigger tank or get rid of him. But right now that 24 inch cube provides him with a lot to pick at and he doesn't seem to mind, nor does my wrasse. To be honest, neither did the triggers, but I couldn't do it. Point being you know how big your tank is to your fish's size so try to use your best judgement on what your future tank should be like.

You think? I think room is room - really' date=' I think being able to swim in 3 demensions would be better. But I don't really know.[/quote']

just about everything ive ever read says that the large free swimmers like angels, tangs and triggers need, at full growth, at least 6' tanks, some of the larger angels, the ones that reach 20+" need 8' tanks, your angel should need, at the minimum, a 6' tank

one similar to hogs would work perfectly IMO, its 72" long but 18x18 HxW, a nice size, its 100g, and its a good length as well

Yeah, that's why I want to go with a deep tank. I always saw the really long and skinny tanks with LR pilled up to 6-12 inches from the front glass - and the fish would just swim in little laps all day - like sad little inmates pacing in front of the cell bars.

It seems to me that a shorter, deeper tank gives them more room. But I'm totally guessing there - and I'm grateful for the input.

just about everything ive ever read says that the large free swimmers like angels, tangs and triggers need, at full growth, at least 6' tanks, some of the larger angels, the ones that reach 20+" need 8' tanks, your angel should need, at the minimum, a 6' tank

one similar to hogs would work perfectly IMO, its 72" long but 18x18 HxW, a nice size, its 100g, and its a good length as well

Can't argue that Jason...he's got a point.

jason, honestly, i love the dimensions on a stock 180, 72x24x24 roughly, a very nice size, and it will give you plenty of room to work with, and if you did a sump/refugium of roughly the same size, you'd have a very sizable fuge, with plenty of room for your skimmer/reactors/whatnot and your fish would have a ton of swimming room.

and after checking out the rock hog head just purchased, that rock would be perfect

just about everything ive ever read says that the large free swimmers like angels' date=' tangs and triggers need, at full growth, at least 6' tanks[/quote']

Agreed on the reading, but I think that's largely based on the old school 18" deep tanks. I think (again, my own logic) that a deeper tank changes that.

But, since I don't have the tank yet - it's a good time to have this conversation.