Another way to say "I care"!

spayne

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Diamonds Made From Human Hair

Diamonds Made From Human HairA company in Russia called New Age Diamonds is offering to make a cultured diamond using the hair on your head.

With a handful of your hair (approx 1 gram's worth), they combine it with carbon and run it through their HPHT (high pressure, high temperature) machine. The result is a real, actual, diamond, made from your DNA.

The thing is that they don't offer clear diamonds, only yellow, green, and red ones.

This company also does diamonds made from dog hair, and cremated ashes.

Diamonds made from human hair

So, next time one of you guys pops the question or want to get jewelry for a loved one... nothing says "I love you" like a diamond made out of your hair! :D

FYI: I will not be held liable for any ensuing divorces or break-ups! ;)

Stacy

That is good to hear. How much?

Here's the link to prices. Not cheap!

Diamond Prices

It's actually a pretty neat concept. I could make a nice piece of jewelry from the cremains of my mother... course, I hate wearing jewelry! I know, sound tacky. But you're also talking to a person who is seriously entertaining the thought of having their ashes (along with Jay/parents/special pets) put into one of those man-made reef boulders so I can truly become part of the hobby when I pass on to that great reef tank in the sky. :D

Stacy

[language filter], you are right that is not cheap. Geez, if I could butcher the steer I just ate...from the steak, I'd be rich.

I'm curious about those "man-made reef boulders"....haven't seen them...seems like you have an appetite for "relatives" though.

I'm curious about those "man-made reef boulders"....haven't seen them...

Ask and ye shall receive!

Eternal Reefs

I figure last man standing is going to have to hang on to everyone until their number is up. Whether we arrange something with a lawyer, family member or friend to send the cremains on their merry way remains to be seen. :p

Stacy

OK' date=' I see now. I misunderstood what you were saying about your relatives.[/quote']

Ah! I think I know what you thought! Actually making rock with the ashes. And if that option was available, I'd probably be all over it. I don't need a silly plaque with "Stacy is here" on it. :p

Stacy

I did some of that man made rock,,, I did about 3 batches and every one of them turned out,,,,,,, man made. I could do cool shapes, but the texture is just not the same. I suppose if you used a ton of sand, and not as much shell it would be better, but then you dont have any buffering capacity, would suck even worst for the BB folk.

Hate to get serious,, but Brad diamonds are not rare,,,, but large clear colorless ones are!

(Im a Graduate Jeweler from Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts, so Im biased)