Help with tank!

twogirls

alk needs to be higher' date=' ph needs to be higher, nitrates need to be lower, what salt are you using? what test kits? whats your salinity at? do you have use a refrac or a hydro? got any pics? how old are your test kits?[/quote']

Kent salt, Salifert kits, Salinity .025, i use a refrac. kits are about six months old. no pics sorry.

how big a change are you doing? what salt are you using? that could be part of the problem. as for the PH, try adding a small, read tiny, pinch of baking soda, i was having a chronic ph of 7.9-8.0 using oceanic salt, and start dosing baking soda, bam, ph stays nice and steady at 8.4 now, im quite happy with it lol

how big a change are you doing? what salt are you using? that could be part of the problem. as for the PH' date=' try adding a small, read tiny, pinch of baking soda, i was having a chronic ph of 7.9-8.0 using oceanic salt, and start dosing baking soda, bam, ph stays nice and steady at 8.4 now, im quite happy with it lol[/quote']

Im doing a 10 gallon change, I use kent salt

How easy was that to build? How much?

I found the instructions on an RC thread, and I found it fairly easy to build, even with out limited tool selection.

Got all the stuff at home depot and spend about $10-15 on the parts.

I already had an MJ pump around, so if you have to buy one, that would add to the cost.

I'll try to find the thread...

Found it, but unfortunately the creator has moved on, and the pics are no longer available.

But it's a huge thread, and maybe someone else has posted pics to make up for the missing ones!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288082

Also, I made another one for my smaller tank (about 75G inc. sump) and for that I just used a little reactor like a phosphate one, without a recirc pump, filled in a little sulfur and media for the bacteria to colonize, followed the instructions for getting it started, and it works fine!

No building needed!

I have to say.. I once had alot of things dropping off , come to find the Temp was fluctuating 15 Degrees between night and Day..it was causing my levels to fluctuate enough to kill small Orginizisms and BAM my Nitrates went up.. I stablized my Temp and Nitrates came back down within a week...

Just food for thought!!

Good Luck ,I hate to hear it!!!

Stability is most important. It is possible to do too many water changes. I think your numbers are fine except nitrates are a little high and mag could be a touch higher. If I were you, I would add some macro algae and wait to add more corals. Double check temp swing and have someone else verify your tests.