Help! i need heaters!

ClayTheSavageFraser

I have my refugium in the garage and am in desperate need of any heater that I can find. It has gotten down to 68 degrees with 3-300 watt heaters in it and the display went down to 70! I'm so worried. Everything still looks happy but I'm still concerned! I don't want this to continue. I went and priced heaters and holy smokes! I tried putting space heaters in there but the breaker was triggered! Grrrrrrr!

Clay

If you can get some rigid foam insulation from HomeDepot or Lowes you can insulate your refugium. Just quick and dirty cut the styrofoam to make a larger box around the refugium and duct-tape it. Cut another piece to fit over the top and you have a small cooler. I would not worry about lighting it for a few days until you can make a more permanent solution.

It is amazing how much styrofoam insulation helps keep the heat in or out.

dsoz

That is crazy. How big is your system? My entire system is in the garage, 350 gallons with one 800 watt heater and my system is sitting at 79 right now.

Are your heaters working? I would check the breaker that those heaters are plugged into.

Jay

Yikes, I have to agree with everyone here so far. The best thing I ever did since mine are in the garage is to get them off the floor. I had 2 rubbermaid totes sitting directly on the concrete and while it helped keep it cool during the summer it also helped keep it really cool during the winter. A little styro under these and no problems at all.

• Like 1

I had 3 heaters turned all the way up and it was still not good enough to battle the freezing temps! Now thanks to oxx155 its perfect inside and out! he gave me an amazing deal on 2 great heaters with dials and a temp probe! So cool! I can't believe the difference it has already made! Its stable and I feel so much better and not worrying as much as before! Thank you! Thank you buddy!

I had 3 heaters turned all the way up and it was still not good enough to battle the freezing temps! Now thanks to oxx155 its perfect inside and out! he gave me an amazing deal on 2 great heaters with dials and a temp probe! So cool! I can't believe the difference it has already made! Its stable and I feel so much better and not worrying as much as before! Thank you! Thank you buddy!

You are very welcome, glad things worked out.