GOC-Under review basiclly

Byrd

Sounds like politics to me-(flame) I actually caught wind of this coming down the pipe a month or so ago.

Oh and nothing like logging in to find this out huh Brandon/Eric? As a way of saying thanks for all your hard work and time you have spent we thought the best approach was blind siding you.

Wecome to 1984-(laugh)-(enforcer)

I don't really think they meant any harm. They are insuring that we have this site as a tool to learn and share on. I'm sure if the GOC didn't say PNWMAS in the title there wouldn't be an issue but alas there is. Sure it coulda went down a little different but hear we are now and we cant go back and have a do over, we just gotta move forward and support the fact that it's in our best interest as members of this site to try and protect it. I think everyone has herd the saying, if ya don't like how the government is being ran then run for office and change it, but first ya gotta be a paid member, and if ya were you would know that the GOC isn't the only thing getting an overhaul.

Yes, basically it is politics. Our club is accountable to State (Department Of Justice) and Federal (IRS) organizations.

Basically, the PNWMAS Board Members are doing a job that no one else wants to do. We, as members that care enough to keep the club running as smooth as possible, are doing what needs to be done. I sincerely hope all the drama will stop here.

We are very much in need of a Club Secretary. If there is someone who truly cares about their club, and has some secretarial skills, please contact one of the PNWMAS Board members.

We really need to be thankful today we even have a club. Thanks again Jay.

I don't really think they meant any harm. They are insuring that we have this site as a tool to learn and share on. I'm sure if the GOC didn't say PNWMAS in the title there wouldn't be an issue ..... but first ya gotta be a paid member' date=' and if ya were you would know that the GOC isn't the only thing getting an overhaul.[/quote']

Removing PNWMAS would be simple, and if it is that simple I would hope to see a quick thread saying next GOC, we need to disassociate PNWMAS from the competition-

Not sure what this meant" but first ya gotta be a paid member, and if ya were you would know that the GOC isn't the only thing getting an overhaul "- I am assuming it is a general statement being

I am a paid member-?

I thought the fix for not liking how governments are run is voting-but we all know that does not work-and I don't have enough dead friends to "make the vote count" and ACORN is not returning my calls-:D

All in jest my brother

I enjoy creating "conversations" controversial at that-its healthy-(plotting)

Yes, basically it is politics. Our club is accountant able to State (Department Of Justice) and Federal (IRS) organizations.

Basically, the PNWMAS Board Members are doing a job that no one else wants to do. We, as members that care enough to keep the club running as smooth as possible, are doing what needs to be done. I sincerely hope all the drama will stop here.

We are very much in need of a Club Secretary. If there is someone who truly cares about their club, and has some secretarial skills, please contact one of the PNWMAS Board members.

We really need to be thankful today we even have a club. Thanks again Jay.

Not to be misinterpreted-I am very glad we have a club-and not that you needed to explain, but what you just threw out there sure closes the case.

Where can one find information regarding being a secretary or which member should one reach out to..

Thanks for shedding light on my dark corner Jay-it is appreciated

Your right, it was just a general statement! Was no poke at you or anyone else in particular! I was just saying is all.

Hey, how's all them Turkeys coming along? My Turkey day isn't till sat so right now Ive gotta live vicariously through you all!

Did not take it that way-my skin is thick and so is my skull so I would have missed it anyway-

We are doing a second Turkey day at my house, my wife is her own Emeril and when she cooks its the bomb-she actually did a Turdunken a few yaers ago-that was a trip.

We are going to my Brother in laws for dinner and she cant cook-she burns the water trying to make hot dogs-it will be gross, full of drama and overall a waste of time-But I got my family and thats all that matters-you can pick your wife but not your inlaws-(laugh)

She cooks the corn in a 1/2 pound of butter-literally and they think its the bomb-Barf

Politics perhaps, but necessary politics no doubt. Why would the board and officers want to risk our non-profit status? The competition started small, and has grown to a large event (well done Eric), but it needs a paper trail now.....and to date we have not been provided with that for our records. We have asked for this information a number of times, but have seen nothing yet.

Politics perhaps' date=' but necessary politics no doubt. Why would the board and officers want to risk our non-profit status? The competition started small, and has grown to a large event (well done Eric), but it needs a paper trail now.....and to date we have not been provided with that for our records. We have asked for this information a number of times, but have seen nothing yet.[/quote']

I know Eric did provide accounts of the money on a few occasions when asked, only once accusations were made about the game and about motives behind running it of course. It takes a ton of work to organize this game and we kept records as we went. Probably not up to government standards I'd say but we did have a reason to, so we thought. The main goal with this game from the get go was to encourage growth within our forum by hopefully attracting new members and sponsors alike to the club and bringing a sense of community back to the forum that had seemed to drop off previously. He did offer the GOC up to the forum a few times for them to take the game over so it wasn't such a stress on him and I. No such effort was ever made to take the game or even to offer some sort of help with it. This is really the first form of involvement we have seen from the club. I understand now why you need the records even if the club is not a part of the game. It would have been nice to be informed of the reasons why they needed them and why they needed to be so detailed before hand though so we knew prior to all this coming down. That way we could have worked this all out behind the lines to not involve the contestants and anyone else who is reading.

Sometimes it pays to open up a little and let the true motives be known. Had we known all these issues before hand we would have probably already came to an agreement to keep the club in the loop and keep it safe. All we heard until this was that basically the club wanted no involvement, then a short time after, it wanted all our records?!?! We never heard this reasoning before now. Eric and I are doing our best to keep this thing enjoyable for all parties involved and keep it running also. We just need some info from time to time about what the fate of it is. It couldn't hurt to put us in the loop with it since we know way more about it then anyone at this point. We're more then willing to help but we can't until you let us in the loop of all the behind the scenes dealings. The public forum is not the place to tell us of our fate, that is for sure. An email, PM, phone call, text message, or even smoke signals would have probably been better ways of doing it.:p

We are ready to work with the club if it's ready to involve us so we can keep this game going. We want to see the game and the club go on so lets make sure everything is in a row on both ends... ;)

Snowpunk,

In 100% honesty this is NOT the first time Eric has heard the club needing reciepts and everything. I'm not going to argue this point, but want it made clear that our need of these documents has been no secret. Our starting point was to get these documents to review, but have not seen any.

I'm hoping that with Frank on the board he will be able to obtain these items and the GOC can move forward as I think it is a great thing for the club. We have talked to Frank and he has some great ideas and I think with the three of you working together we can have a world -class program here, and be Non-Profit safe at the same time.

thanks for your help and I hope the GOC can continue to grow.

-Mark

I know Eric did provide accounts of the money on a few occasions when asked, only once accusations were made about the game and about motives behind running it of course. It takes a ton of work to organize this game and we kept records as we went. Probably not up to government standards I'd say but we did have a reason to, so we thought. The main goal with this game from the get go was to encourage growth within our forum by hopefully attracting new members and sponsors alike to the club and bringing a sense of community back to the forum that had seemed to drop off previously. He did offer the GOC up to the forum a few times for them to take the game over so it wasn't such a stress on him and I. No such effort was ever made to take the game or even to offer some sort of help with it. This is really the first form of involvement we have seen from the club. I understand now why you need the records even if the club is not a part of the game. It would have been nice to be informed of the reasons why they needed them and why they needed to be so detailed before hand though so we knew prior to all this coming down. That way we could have worked this all out behind the lines to not involve the contestants and anyone else who is reading.

Sometimes it pays to open up a little and let the true motives be known. Had we known all these issues before hand we would have probably already came to an agreement to keep the club in the loop and keep it safe. All we heard until this was that basically the club wanted no involvement, then a short time after, it wanted all our records?!?! We never heard this reasoning before now. Eric and I are doing our best to keep this thing enjoyable for all parties involved and keep it running also. We just need some info from time to time about what the fate of it is. It couldn't hurt to put us in the loop with it since we know way more about it then anyone at this point. We're more then willing to help but we can't until you let us in the loop of all the behind the scenes dealings. The public forum is not the place to tell us of our fate, that is for sure. An email, PM, phone call, text message, or even smoke signals would have probably been better ways of doing it.:p

We are ready to work with the club if it's ready to involve us so we can keep this game going. We want to see the game and the club go on so lets make sure everything is in a row on both ends... ;)

Politics perhaps' date=' but necessary politics no doubt. Why would the board and officers want to risk our non-profit status? The competition started small, and has grown to a large event (well done Eric), but it needs a paper trail now.....and to date we have not been provided with that for our records. We have asked for this information a number of times, but have seen nothing yet.[/quote']

I sure hope the temp. isn't true it says 90.2(scary)(scary)(scary)

Snowpunk,

In 100% honesty this is NOT the first time Eric has heard the club needing reciepts and everything. I'm not going to argue this point, but want it made clear that our need of these documents has been no secret. Our starting point was to get these documents to review, but have not seen any.

I'm hoping that with Frank on the board he will be able to obtain these items and the GOC can move forward as I think it is a great thing for the club. We have talked to Frank and he has some great ideas and I think with the three of you working together we can have a world -class program here, and be Non-Profit safe at the same time.

thanks for your help and I hope the GOC can continue to grow.

-Mark

Your right about that. I have heard it also from Eric. What was sent over the first time was never passed on from the original recipient it seems. We were asked again by another who had no clue the first one was sent out and the info was sent a second time to many other people. You must not have been one of them. We were told everything looked good based on that info that was sent over. We had no reason at that point to turn over physical receipts to the club since

1. we were given the okay based on the info already provided.

2. The club seemed to not want to have any part of it or be affiliated with it at that time.

That meant their was no financial interest in the game for the club. There were many pm's exchanged between Eric and various people, mostly with JManrow I believe. Maybe you could get with him and have him send his old PM's to you to read. I was forwarded some of the pertinent ones, but deleted them when the game was given a "looks good" stamp so I deleted them. I guess I shouldn't have done that after all. NOW their is a need to have physical receipts kept since the club has decided the game isn't going away and it better go with instead of against it. These are the facts that I know. If their is in fact other info that has not been conveyed to me somehow, I am truly sorry for all of this back and forth and I apologize for questioning you. I don't think Eric has any reason to keep anything from me. I really don't want to argue a point that we will just go around and around on. Lets just agree that things will be different from here on out as the club informed us of reasons for a physical paper trail from here on out just days ago and not just the info recorded and saved to file.

Additionally we are very pleased to have Frank both on the board, and being a third, club related party on our GOC team. The BOD made a good choice by choosing him and I feel things will only be better with him joining our GOC team.

Seriously Frank, thank you and welcome at the same time...(clap)

NOW GET TO WORK!!!(threaten):D

We didn't receive any "actual receipts" either. Have shipping slips....I think' date=' but mostly I have a list of all received and from who and at what cost. Which I have sent to JMANROW, ROB ALLEN, KRIS WATERS, LOWMAN, and I dont know who ever else.[/quote']

If he persists in claiming you did not provide it I'll dig through my archived PMs as I save them all.