Next GOC To Be Announced

So are Eric and Brandon still going to run the competition? I think they both have done a great job with it and deserve so. I would just hate to see with the turnover we have in our club government for it to get lost in the mix like so many other things have over the years.

Happy Turkey Day!

I am not them so I can't say on behalf of them but from what I hear, what you see going on will not change. We will still be running the game for all of you.(clap)(clap)(clap)

Jason' date=' they are not just finding out about this. There has been an open line of communication from the BOD and officers. We are still awaiting documentation from the organizers of the GOC, but have yet to see anything (receipts and fee documentation and all the correlated finaces).[/quote']

I'm glad to hear that. I do corporate finance and accounting for a living, so I completely understand the need for the record keeping and reporting.

It just seemed like both Eric and Brandon posted expressing surprise at this announcement. Given the work that they had put into the GOC, I would have found it troubling if they hadn't been told in advance that this type of action was in progress.

I have PM'd these figures to Rob Allen' date=' Kris Waters, Lowman, JManrow....would you like me to just post them here for all to see?[/quote']

Here goes...

What is needed are copies of Paypal records and other payments, receipts from donations, and also receipts for supplies, like glue, frag plugs, replacement frags, etc., that you said you had paid, and were out around $200. Without receipts we cannot reimburse you. Not just a written up PM.

We have covered this discussion in the past.

This is required of any of us whenever we receive donations and spend money acquired through PNWMAS.

If you are not able to handle this, please allow the BOD to help. I am sorry my wife was seriously ill in the hospital at the time and I was unable to help, and no one on the PNWMAS Board assisted you when I asked, but let's work this out, rather than get defensive. We have had enough drama in the past in these forums, and it is not necessary.

Here is the thread from back in June 2009. http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12748

It just sounded like there wer alot of sudden and previously uncommunicated or at least partially communicated issues being presented. It almost made it sound like the grow out competitions were not going to happen any more.

Thank you for a further explanation of what is in the works and that the grow out will continue with some necessary revisions.

Thanks for all of your hard work guys!

Here goes...

What is needed are copies of Paypal records and other payments, receipts from donations, and also receipts for supplies, like glue, frag plugs, replacement frags, etc., that you said you had paid, and were out around $200. Without receipts we cannot reimburse you. Not just a written up PM.

We have covered this discussion in the past.

This is required of any of us whenever we receive donations and spend money acquired through PNWMAS.

If you are not able to handle this, please allow the BOD to help. I am sorry my wife was seriously ill in the hospital at the time and I was unable to help, and no one on the PNWMAS Board assisted you when I asked, but let's work this out, rather than get defensive. We have had enough drama in the past in these forums, and it is not necessary.

Here is the thread from back in June 2009. http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12748

At that point we had no need for reimbursement as it was made clear it was not something PNWMAS as a club wanted to get into. The written PM was to show what was going on as their was assumptions about what the money was being used for. Nothing was ever said about recording it so the club could be in the clear as far as taxes and such went. This feels like a whole new issue since we never caught wind of any of this until yesterday. Their was never "an open line of communication from the BOD and officers" about this issue. As far as I heard, after the PM's were sent with the info, everything was given the okay. That would make this statement incorrect also. As we were given the go ahead after you received the info.

We are still awaiting documentation from the organizers of the GOC, but have yet to see anything (receipts and fee documentation and all the correlated finaces).
We didn't keep paper receipts of coral donations as it was not an official club game we didn't feel the need. We know what each sponsor has donated as do they. They would be the first ones to throw up a red flag if something fishy was going on. With this new set of concerns it makes more sense but to reiterate, this is the first we have heard on this issue. This may be the same issue as far as the BOD is concerned but this is the first time either of us has heard anything of this part of it. We are happy to comply to keep it alive be we want to keep the facts straight for all since it is now public unfortunately...

Sounds like all is resolved, can we please have this thread closed before thing go any further and get more complicated? thanks!(clap)

oh yea, I can do that...lol... nevermind

Any other questions you may have, please forward them through PM to the party to whom it is concerning... THE GOC LIVES ON FOR ANOTHER DAY!