Some Pics from the last few days.

Rick

That's all for now.

Very Cool...Rick

Thanks.

Looks really nice Rick' date=' which tank is it?. Nice photos too!! I wish I could get mine to come out like that (scratch)[/quote']

Thanks,

It's the 125g display,

Thanks,

Biggest tricks I've found so far:

1: Have as much light as possible.

2: Shoot in manual mode with the lowest apperture setting and slightly underexposed so the shutter speed can be a little faster. (I try to shoot at 1/30 or faster)

3: Use photoshop to adust exposure up slightly and correct the color temperature to the bulb temperature (About 14k). I also usually adjust the contrast a little with it as well.

Im guessing your lion.

Correct. A couple of the others follow me around too (Trigger and the black/white clowns) however the Lionfish is always right there waiting to see if I'm going to give it some krill. It will actually watch me for a few minutes and then look at the top of the tank to see if there is any food yet.

That is a gorgeous RBTA' date=' mine are kinda dull. But it split a 3rd time this weekend, so I know have 3.[/quote']

Thanks, Benny gave it to me as a bonus when I was finished with his tank. He also gave me the GSP above it.

Rick,

Pic # 1 in post # 5: can you please tell me more about this one? Is that a fox coral? And is that a Florida ricordea next to it? The way the pic is it kinda looks like a St Thomas bubble I've seen lately on Liveaquaria that I'm drooling over.

Thanks for sharing!

Teal candy cane and florida(I think) ricordea. Would need to check with Grassi or look up the post a few weeks back that had all of the rics they were selling in it.

Your tank is looking great Rick! How much of that rock is DIY?

Maybe 1/3? Most of the right portion is and then I have some large flat ones under the left and right center columns (both down to the glass). A few pieces are back behind as well. I'm thinking about whipping up another 75 lbs. or so with some of the extra sand I ordered.

Have you broken any of your rock to see if the salt had dissolved? I did tonight on a piece I made just for that and after being rinsed with ether rain or hose for a month and then the last week in a tub with water being changed every day and a power head in it the salt is still there. only the outer 1/4 inch is salt free. Is that normal ya think? Dose it keep dissolving while in the tank?

Some of it has broken however I haven't specifically broken any up to see if any salt is still in it. (I imagine with the dense rocks it still has some) Been in the tank for around 3 - 4 months now though without any problems. (I let it cure for about 3 months beforehand) One thing I did find is that if I mixed too much cement into the mix it made dense rocks which are the big flatter ones underneath. The second batch I mixed a lot weaker and it is much more porous. I can actually reach in and chip pieces off with my fingers. If I make more up I'll do it the same way except that I think I'll use the pasta shells instead of rock salt to try for an even more porous mix.

• 3 weeks later...
man that favia is sweet!(drooler)(drooler)(drooler)

did you get that from perry?

Are you ready to trade it to me for some brown zoas? there LE's!!:p

JK but it really stands out in your photos.

Thanks, It came from Perry originally. I got it from Dave (nwcoralfarm) though.