It's a girl!!!

nwcoralfarm

Changing' date=' feeding, sleeping. Well it is an option on the sleeping. My oldest is 31. She used to sleep on my tummy. Best days of my life. Now We have 2 granddaughters. There what we live for.[/quote']

Sweeet, I get so caught up with all the work that I know will go into it that I forget to think about the good that goes with it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's even more terrifying is when they all grow up and having them out of the house is staring you in the face.

Or when you are soooo tired of driving them everywhere & just wish they had a drivers license.Then they actually get it........whole new set of worry's. Hey Dave are you starting to see why I have very little hair left?

Or when you are soooo tired of driving them everywhere & just wish they had a drivers license.Then they actually get it........whole new set of worry's. Hey Dave are you starting to see why I have very little hair left?

Drivers License?....please....I am just hoping he falls asleep at this pointDOH!

Well let's not be greedy here' date=' do share.[/quote']

I can't!

If I was to put my ideas on paper or the internet and then by chance something happened to some poor young man. It would look pre-meditated and it would lengthen my jail sentence for sure!

(laugh) (nutty) :p (naughty) :D (whistle) ;) (nono)

LOL, True story.

Not long ago (a few months ago) a boy asked my youngest daughter out to the movies. Me and my wife chaperoned (on his dime of course). After the movie we took him home. His dad came down and met us and we proceeded to discuss our favorite target guns for the next 20 minutes or so.

My favorite is to simply be sitting out at the table cleaning them when the boy arrives to pick up my daughter. I think that would be quite effective. Haven't really had a good chance to use it yet though.

I had kind of a funny experience with the whole girls dad with a gun thing.

A few years back when my wife and I were early into our relationship, we were at her dad and stepmoms house. Her dad at the time was on leave from Iraq and really had only met me a couple of times before he was deployed. Though I had been dating his daughter for almost 2 years, I really didn't know him that well with the exception of all of the life stories and personality explanations that I had received from other members of the family. I am sure he really didn't feel he knew me well either. I was kind of waiting for the boyfriend/ girls dad talk/semi-threat to happen soon.

We all went up stairs to the office to check out some pictures and videos that he had taken in Iraq. Cool stuff but after everyone else went down stairs he said something along the lines of "Hey Garrett, let me show you something for a sec." So fo course it had begun. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a nice looking M4. I had a huge smile on my face and you could tell he really didn't know what for. He started talking about the rifle and I listened intently as little did he know I am a huge fan of the AR-15. A few minutes had passed and we had started talking about the rifle. The funniest thing that I think young man dating a lady that meets her dad and deals with the whole dad/gun thing happened.

Knowing that he was into guns and starting to feel a bit more comfortable, I whipped out my 9mm that had always been conveniently concealed on my lower back...

Today we are going to the Beavers game... Best way to start a good relationship with a future father in-law that you know is pro 2nd amendment if you ask me.

Or the lesson might be...

Dave, pat down every poor sap that arrives at the door to pick your daughter up for a date. If he is clean, let him in and then show him your gun collection.

That is funny Garrett, I can just imagine the look on his face when you pulled that out. To tell you the truth I don't hunt cause I don't like the meat so I never really had a need for a gun. Too many liabilities with shooting someone these days, you could be completely in the right and still be charged with murder.

I think I can be plenty intimidating without the gun, I just really hope that when it all comes down she has her stuff together enough to pick out a decent guy. Then maybe I won't have to worry about anything like that, well between that and the custom made chastity belt that she will be wearing from age 13 on.

congrats man' date=' enjoy the good times while you can, cause once the teenage years hit, the good times will end LOL[/quote']

Nah, they are all good times. They definately make you realize how important your job as a parent has been and you learn that the early years were not as challenging as you thought at the time.

I think it can really be a toss up. I know people that were great parents and their kids ran off to do drugs and they never get to see them unless they need money for bail (ouch) and I know people that were good parents and their kids come up every weekend for dinner and stories and have a very close relationship.

I am a strong believer that you just have to do the best you can and hope for the best.

lol

Johnny Cash once said to the man that was dating his daughter, Roseanne.

"Young man, I don't know you well enough to miss you."

It's all about the staredown. Make sure to have a nervous tick and say things like going back to jail is no big deal and all that good stuff.

Luckily for me, my son is 2 years older than my daughter and he's on the football team.

Congrats!

• 1 month later...

i personally like the approach a friend of mine's dad took with his sister. he was waiting on the front porch when her first date showed up, cleaning his shotgun, a beautiful double barrel 10 gauge, as the kid walked up the steps, he loaded it, snapped it shut, and stuck it under the kids chin, and told him if he had any thoughts about doing anything that he shouldnt do, he could just go ahead an pull both triggers right then an there, she didnt date again til she graduated college.

i personally like the approach a friend of mine's dad took with his sister. he was waiting on the front porch when her first date showed up' date=' cleaning his shotgun, a beautiful double barrel 10 gauge, as the kid walked up the steps, he loaded it, snapped it shut, and stuck it under the kids chin, and told him if he had any thoughts about doing anything that he shouldnt do, he could just go ahead an pull both triggers right then an there, she didnt date again til she graduated college.[/quote']

Wow, look out for those Yacolt dad's. I am pretty sure though that it would get you thrown in prison everywhere else.

Thanks again guys, in case anyone was wondering her name is Madelyn. I like the middle name Gray but Ami says it makes her think of a sad little girl standing in the rain with an umbrella crying. Quite the imagination right.

I can see how she thinks it sounds sad but I think it's a pretty middle name, let me know what you think.

Wow, look out for those Yacolt dad's. I am pretty sure though that it would get you thrown in prison everywhere else.

Thanks again guys, in case anyone was wondering her name is Madelyn. I like the middle name Gray but Ami says it makes her think of a sad little girl standing in the rain with an umbrella crying. Quite the imagination right.

I can see how she thinks it sounds sad but I think it's a pretty middle name, let me know what you think.

I think it is a adorable middle name.....Congrates.

actually, that wasnt here in yacolt lol probably was illegal there too, but, the kid was too scared to do much but piss his pants and run for his car LOL

i personally like the approach a friend of mine's dad took with his sister. he was waiting on the front porch when her first date showed up' date=' cleaning his shotgun, a beautiful double barrel 10 gauge, as the kid walked up the steps, he loaded it, snapped it shut, and stuck it under the kids chin, and told him if he had any thoughts about doing anything that he shouldnt do, he could just go ahead an pull both triggers right then an there, she didnt date again til she graduated college.[/quote']

Sounds like a real good way to insure that your daughter hates you the rest of her life. Mine would have,along with my wife.

Dave,I like Gray for a middle name