WTB Canon L lens

OceanRevive

What do you want for the 35-105.

Faith the 24-70 is pretty awesome, I think you'll like it, I've had mine for about 5 years. To be honest I am a bit surprised your going with that as well as a 24-105 F4. I have used both and in many circumstances I wish I had the extra 45mm.

Have you tried renting one and using it?

Not hating, just weighing in with my experience.

Hope That Helps.

What kind of stuff are you shooting mostly? Just hobby, serious hobby, or profession?

I might also be interested in you 24-105 if you choose to replace it. It's next on my list.

lol, I would say "serious hobby" I did join some photography club and take the shot with pro sometime. but I am not that good. I will keep this as a hobby because I dont think I can feed myself by using the camera.

pled' date=' mine are just sitting around, ill take a fair offer on either of them, they are not being used, i can take pix if you interested, shoot me a pm....[/quote']

I have never used that brand (only ever used canon lenses) so it is hard for me to say.

I'm really bad at making offers on things, I never want to offend so I usually just don't. What are you looking to get for them? Wanna trade for frags (whistle)

I would want to take some pictures with them, and load them on my computer before I purchased a used lens. No offense, but we all have different standards.

Thanks

lol' date=' I would say "serious hobby" I did join some photography club and take the shot with pro sometime. but I am not that good. I will keep this as a hobby because I dont think I can feed myself by using the camera.[/quote']

Have you looked at the 24-85mm? It's several hundred dollars cheaper then the 24-70, it only goes down to 4, but . . . I would consider it "pro quality". Depending on what you are shooting you might not really need the 2.8. Honestly the 50mm fixed 1.8 is a pretty nice lens for the apeture and retails for like $80 something IIRC. Just trying to save you a grand. If you have the cash to blow I think you'll be happy with the 24-70mm, especially if you sell me your 24-105 (naughty)

Being a pro photographer is fun sometimes, but it's also quite crazy most of the time. I could use to miss a meal or two according to my wife (laugh)

40.00 for the 35-105' date=' 20.00 for the 28mm... hows that sounds, i got them as a gift but dont have a canon camera so ive never used them.... i would probably trade for some frags, any cool zoas? let me know what you have and if you are interested...[/quote']

YGPM . . . . . . . . . . .

Pledosophy, It is exactly what I am after. I got so many time wish I could open my aperture a little more on my 24-105 under a dark lighting.

24-85 is a nice lens tho. I have a 50mm 1.4 which is a wonderful portrait lens. I am going to trade it for 85/1.8 to fit my 5D.

I did the research on the comparision between 24-70 and 24-105, there is no conclusion on which one is better. It all about which one you like. I just want to try out which one is my lens. I hope someone has a 24-70 and willing to swap to try my 24-105. That will be fun.

ARe you a pro?

Have you looked at the 24-85mm? It's several hundred dollars cheaper then the 24-70, it only goes down to 4, but . . . I would consider it "pro quality". Depending on what you are shooting you might not really need the 2.8. Honestly the 50mm fixed 1.8 is a pretty nice lens for the apeture and retails for like $80 something IIRC. Just trying to save you a grand. If you have the cash to blow I think you'll be happy with the 24-70mm, especially if you sell me your 24-105 (naughty)

Being a pro photographer is fun sometimes, but it's also quite crazy most of the time. I could use to miss a meal or two according to my wife (laugh)

Dude, it is awesome, which software you use to do HDR? I played once but it totally "changed" my picture, I didin't keep it. Maybe I need more practice.

I put my tripod in the storage room by a mistake when we moved here. I can not take the night shot like you did now:(

kind of a cool shot i got this evening that you guys may like. trying to play with HDR a little bit...

11043_1264306813994_1419465391_30763721_1483150_n.jpg

Pledosophy, It is exactly what I am after. I got so many time wish I could open my aperture a little more on my 24-105 under a dark lighting.

24-85 is a nice lens tho. I have a 50mm 1.4 which is a wonderful portrait lens. I am going to trade it for 85/1.8 to fit my 5D.

I did the research on the comparision between 24-70 and 24-105, there is no conclusion on which one is better. It all about which one you like. I just want to try out which one is my lens. I hope someone has a 24-70 and willing to swap to try my 24-105. That will be fun.

ARe you a pro?

Ya, I guess you would call me a pro. It's how I've made my living since I was 16. Well there was that brief interlude as a male stripper. . . kidding kidding.;);)

I shoot portraits, it's fun.

Does the 1.4 not fit on the 5D? I guess I've never tried it since I switch cameras. Having the 2.8 is about as low as I go, and I have the 24-70 for that.

I do think it comes down to preference. I was all about the 24-70 because of the 2.8 for awhile, now I really want the 105. If only there was a 24-105 2.8, would probably be way to heavy for me anyways.

You can rent lens places and try them out. Pro Photo has it where you pick it up on Thursday and return it Monday morning. I think the 24-70 was in the $30 range for the 4 days.

HTH

admire.....can you take me with you when you shoot the portraits next time? Are you a wedding photographer?

50mm 1.4 fits 5D but it is too short or just I tired with this length. I am trading my 50mm 1.4 for a 85 1.8 and thinking to buy a 85 1.2L which is the most creamy lens I ever seen.

Thanks for the lens renting information, I definitely will rent one to try out. I have heard so many good review on 24-70, probably just buy one. It holds the value very well.

can you share your online album?

My boss would appreciate me bringing someone to work with me probably as much as yours would.

I don't have an online album. We maintain the privacy of our clients. I'll put something together one day of family and friends, kinda like a mechanic will fix there car one day.

I don't shoot many weddings, I made my niche elsewhere, but I have been thinking about diving into the wedding market again, if my schedule ever clears up enough to have a weekend day free.