Red Bugs?!?

USCG CWO

Might be a good idea to let that person know that they have redbugs as some people can't see them up close.

As I have made several purchases I'll PM those who I have purchased coral from in the last couple months. I just hope they don't take it as me pointing fingers as that is not my intention. Just merely a heads up.

You may have had redbugs for a long time and not noticed. Narrowing it down to a single coral that gave them to you would be hard to do.

I have had them before, and have them now. They are super easy to treat, so dont sweat it. I found a friend that was a vet and they signed the prescription that I ordered from drs foster and smith.

I treated the whole tank before and will do it again. It was easy and very effective. Many people say that you can kill them in one treatment, but I will probably do the 3 treatments to make sure. As said before, remove crustaceans, skimmer, carbon, poly filter, ect and treat with interceptor. Works great!

http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html

Thanks for all the advise everyone. I treated the the tank last night. It took awhile for it to start working but killed all the bugs after six hours. I am running two reactors with carbon and heavy skimming. Will do a water change this afternoon. Seems the crabs I missed made it and amazingly so did my pepperment shrimp.

IMO, if you missed crabs and shrimp and they lived, chances are so did the redbugs. You may have killed most, but there are probably still some. Get the rest of the crabs and shrimp out before the next dose and up the dosage a little. The way interceptor works is killing all crustaceans, which redbugs are, will also kill many of your pods.

• 2 months later...