Donation for Tanks for Teachers

CA2OR

No problem CA to OR. However if you ever have frags in the future it would be cool for my students to participate, however we would not compete for the prize. I would like them to post pics and compare our growth to others on the forum. They like that kind of competitive stuff! Rick, I forgot who is giving me the Kenya tree. All I know is there forum name. I will take some if you have extra.

No problem CA to OR. However if you ever have frags in the future it would be cool for my students to participate' date=' however we would not compete for the prize. I would like them to post pics and compare our growth to others on the forum. They like that kind of competitive stuff! Rick, I forgot who is giving me the Kenya tree. All I know is there forum name. I will take some if you have extra.[/quote']

Why can you not compete for the prize?

...Rick' date=' I forgot who is giving me the Kenya tree. All I know is there forum name. I will take some if you have extra.[/quote']

One of the pieces I have is similar to the one Matty has. The other is more purple. It is not a very big piece but this stuff grows fast. If we can figure a way to get it to you then your welcome to it. (I'm not sure if I'll make the next meeting or not)

CA2OR' date=' cost of admission is a problem. Tight budget. Matty I can take a pretty big chunk![/quote']

Ok cool. I think I can give you one huge piece on a rock if that will work. No need to cut. If I come to Salem before the meeting I will pm you.

The only other teacher I can think of who still has tanks is DSOZ unless I am missing someone. Rick if you can't make the meeting I think I am coming to Portland on Veterans Day. Matty, I can wait til meeting if you want. Don't make a special trip on my account unless you want to meet at Jason's.

Ok I will see. I go to the dr. in Keizer so I am around sometimes. Plus I kinda want the kenya out of the tank as it's a 24g and it's taking up valuable real estate.....(laugh). You are gonna get pretty much what you can see in the pic minus one small seperate piece I am gonna keep.

The only other teacher I can think of who still has tanks is DSOZ unless I am missing someone. Rick if you can't make the meeting I think I am coming to Portland on Veterans Day. Matty' date=' I can wait til meeting if you want. Don't make a special trip on my account unless you want to meet at Jason's.[/quote']

If your getting a zoa frag from Eric then I can probably swing by one night next week on my way through and give it to him to put with it. (I can probably toss in a mushroom or two as well)

Here is the last TFT list of teachers

Joel Lavin "tidalsculpin" [no longer teaching]

Dennis Sosnovske "dsoz" [active]

Lee Jones "aqua-ed" [active]*requested update in PM

Roger Stephen "Mr S" [active]

Mike Stapp "catholicteacher" [moved from area to pursue a degree]

Ryan Lenz "DoughPat" [active]*requested update in PM

hmmm.....I wonder if we can run a GOC for TFT's with no entry fee. It would allow the kids to compete for some sort of prizes while educating all the way. I will have to give it some thought.

I think the point was that it would not be necessary to compete for prizes. Rather that they would enjoy growing the same frags at the same time to compare their results to those that are actually competing. The only cost involved for the GOC would be the added cost for the extra competition frags which would probably be minimal. Keep in mind that for teaching you need to be careful about rewarding with prizes. I don't think it's entirely forbidden however it also can cause problems if your not careful.

I will see Garrett tonight. I am all for getting to participate in the GOC but I don't think it would be fair if I won, since paying people should have that priority. I think just getting the frags to grow and the competition would be incredibly cool and the fact that kids could post our growth and compare it to others!

Rick worded it great for me. I am at North Albany Middle School. I will cut a 3 polyp frag and mount it on the original plug. John, my kids work with stuff much more dangerous then zoos!!! You should know by now that I think out of the box. I do have them wear gloves and goggles. Thanks folks. I will tell the kids about the competition on Monday. I am at school now, putting in the frag that I got from Garrettt from the GOC competition. Thanks again.

roger

I would love to see or hear how it is doing. I am going to add your school to the list of competitors but note that I cannot give you prizes from the GOC pot. I can however donate a few corals or zoa frags to your class tank as a prize should you win. Does that sound fair?

Awesome. I will review the rules with the kids and have them post under my name. In advance please excuse spelling and grammar. I have a wide range of abilities in the class I am doing this with. Thanks again, Roger

Got the first frag, cool stuff and nice frag plug.

• Like 1