Nanocube lighting sufficent for soft corals

b-rad_c

You can grow LPS and even SPS under lower lights and they may live and grow and be healthy, but you won't get the colors you get under higher lighting

NW - When I upgraded the lighting we just changed the bulb during the typical lights out period and decreased the time by 2 hours the first day and then regular amount after that and everything adjusted fine. ;)

You can grow LPS and even SPS under lower lights and they may live and grow and be healthy, but you won't get the colors you get under higher lighting

NW - When I upgraded the lighting we just changed the bulb during the typical lights out period and decreased the time by 2 hours the first day and then regular amount after that and everything adjusted fine. ;)

Yes but you said that you can't grow SPS because it bleaches them. I mean that would still be considerably less light then they would get in the ocean, depending on how deep they came from. So I was saying that you could probably get them used to this lighting by introducing them to it in small doses and increasing over time.

Okay one last question' date=' with my nano I have a powerhead coming in the mail and i need to know if i should upgrade the stock pump? Or will the powerhead and the 106gph be enough?[/quote']

Are you going to add any external filtration? If not then I think I would start with the stock pump and see how well it works. Upgrading it may help from needing a power head but when I had my nano set up I relied on a power head more for water movement than the sump pump anyway (I eliminated the sump completely right before I sold it and went to 100% LR with weekly water changes as I was never happy with the stock filtration but that's another story). If you find that the sump ends up with stagnant areas then an upgrade there may be needed.