Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Frag Plugs for Nov 2009 Grow Out Competition!

I made 75 of these up this morning, and delivered them to Eric. What do you think?

DSC09278.jpg?t=1256860858

DSC09279.jpg?t=1256860877

DSC09280.jpg?t=1256860892

DSC09284.jpg?t=1256860908

untitled.jpg?t=1256860928

DSC09290.jpg?t=1256869102

DSC09288.jpg?t=1256869123

The lettering shows up really well in my tank! (sorry for the blurry pic).

DSC09286.jpg?t=1256869137

Very nice... (rock2) Hey wait two of the frag in that pic I know ... Glad to see they are doing good...:D

Fantastic job and a very nice touch to the competition. Sadly, I'd imagine the winner will not see much of the inscription once the competition ends.(laugh)

75 of them coat less then $10 to make. It's the $10,000 laser that's the kicker! They're made out of 1/4" acrylic.

• Like 1

Wow those look great! So will the frags be scraped off the current one and attached to this or have the plug just glued on?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? Those are so nice. Thanks and I am looking forward to getting my frag. At least if it dies this time I have a tombstone to remember it by.

Wow! Way cool plugs! Do you sell those aswell?

Ditto.

Are you willing to make and sell some? Might be interested in some of them with a custom inscription.

Wow! Way cool plugs! Do you sell those aswell?

Same here!

And they wouldn't need to be engraved if that would save time/money/effort.

Interested in hearing back from you.

nice job ryan, those turned out great, i bet you can make all kinds of cool stuff with that laser

Another quick question............. How heavy are these? Are they easily blown over? I guess is what I really am wondering.

Another quick question............. How heavy are these? Are they easily blown over? I guess is what I really am wondering.

Well, I consider my tank to have a fair amount of flow (2000+ GPH in a 36g tank), and I set one in my sand bed yesterday and it hasn't moved since. I cut the lower part of the plug at .59" so it fits very snugly in a typical egg crate frag rack.

As for making additional plugs I would have to figure out how much to charge. The materials do not cost much, but I would need to compensate the owner of the laser (my girlfriends dad) if I was mass producing a product. What do you guys thinks is reasonable price per plug? I was thinking about making several different sizes.... .75", 1", 1.25", 1.5".

ryan, check out vividaquariums, they sell plugs, by the 15 count package for i wanna say 5.99 per package, that would give you a price to base yours off of.

also, when you do set up to start making them and providing them for a price, let me know, ill gladly pick some up off of you lol

I can support what Ryan said. I have put all the frags on plugs and down in my sand and NOT ONE has blown over. In fact I dropped one from about 6 inches off the sand and it landed polyps up.

Very sweet looking plugs! Only problem I see is I am going to need a much larger one to fit all my polyps on (laugh)