Can I see your Triggers?

CA2OR

That is a really beautiful sargassum! Best looking trigger i've ever seen...I'm sorry for your loss. May I ask how he died? Also' date=' where did you get him from?[/quote']

He jumped out of my QT tank. I was really upset. He had 2 more days before he went back into the display after 8 weeks of QT for ick treatment. I just ordered another from Birdworld here in Salt Lake. That is were I got the last one, and he said that they are hard to come by, but he will order me another as soon as he gets one on the list.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, here's my newest edition to my tank. guess what trigger this is (clap)

peekaboo.jpg

Nice! Did you get my sargassum? I love that fish, cant wait till I get my new one.

Eric, a lot of the color depends on the lighting. The brighter the light the brighter the fish. They had it under standard shop flourescents at the store and it looked pretty good, but under the 400w halides it looked amazing.

He jumped out of my QT tank. I was really upset. He had 2 more days before he went back into the display after 8 weeks of QT for ick treatment. I just ordered another from Birdworld here in Salt Lake. That is were I got the last one' date=' and he said that they are hard to come by, but he will order me another as soon as he gets one on the list.[/quote']

[language filter], I heard sargassums are jumpers. Sorry for your loss. I have a temporary acrylic lid on my tank for now until I can make something that will block less light.

that was my thought by the speckles. if it is' date=' I'm envious, but you need to get a better shot. Ask Eric how we just got all his triggers in perfect view the other day...(clap)[/quote']

lol. my fish moves slowly, I just dont' know how to shoot nice pictures. I'll get it eventually. For now I just want her well fed. She comes out a lot so that's a good sign, just not sure what she wants to eat. She seems to ignore mysis, but slowly eats krill (just the bigger chunks).

Downhill, what did you feed your trigger? Looks likes mines a picky eater.

Vanz...you should try some of my fish food. The triggers are going NUTS....just ask Snowpunk. I was hand feeding my blue throat, pink tail, and Picasso when Brandon was over the other day....you should have seen it. Van Gogh (Van for short....cuz it's a Picasso) was just protecting the food the whole time. I just made a new batch....much more meatier this time around.

lol. my fish moves slowly, I just dont' know how to shoot nice pictures. I'll get it eventually. For now I just want her well fed. She comes out a lot so that's a good sign, just not sure what she wants to eat. She seems to ignore mysis, but slowly eats krill (just the bigger chunks).

Eric and I were over at his place making some fish food and I talked him into holding a large raw shrimp in the tank for them. :eek:They went nuts! All three triggers, the purple tang and the wrasse all were going crazy. You could hear them tearing at it. It was funny to see the little 1" humahuma standing guard over it while the almost 4" pink tail payed no attention to him what soever.

Eric and I were over at his place making some fish food and I talked him into holding a large raw shrimp in the tank for them. :eek:They went nuts! All three triggers' date=' the purple tang and the wrasse all were going crazy. You could hear them tearing at it. It was funny to see the little 1" humahuma standing guard over it while the almost 4" pink tail payed no attention to him what soever.[/quote']

wow, sounds like a piranha frenzy! (laugh) I know you guys took a video to show us (whistle)

Hey Eric, I would love to get a piece of what you are feeding your tank. I'll glady chip in for it. So I got my fish to eat all sorts of meaty foods (shrimp, squid, octo, calamari) a few hours ago. I'm not sure when to stop though. I was feeding it piece by piece so the food doesn't go to waste as she's the only one in there, well besides my tiny clown. Should I keep feeding until she has had enough or stop after 20-30 pieces or so? Don't know if these guys can eat until they die or not.

This is the first fish that I have babied.(scary)

You can swing by tomorrow if you want....or tonight if you are up to it. I will work you deal on one of the zip locks. Should be plenty. I gave Snowpunk half of one like 3 months ago and he still has like 3\4 of it. See my thread to see what's in it and what you can expect to get.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?p=145570#post145570

I saw that thread, and I think a whole zip lock will probably last me years! How about a 1/4 bag, only because you have a lot more fish to feed than I do. If not, a whole bag would be fine. Can't make it out tonight, I'll try tomorrow night. What time is it good for you?

anytime I am off tomorrow too. This food feeds more than just your fish....just so you know. I target feed my duncan's and such this too and they love it as well. Pretty much everthing does....that I have noticed anyway. My tank explodes into life when I feed. Hermits coming out, emerals, serpant star, even the neons jump into the mix....amongst the triggers even.

What else is in the tank? Give it something to compete with and it will probably eat most anything.

What else is in the tank? Give it something to compete with and it will probably eat most anything.

There's also a little clown that sometimes steals her food. It's way too big for the clown to eat though so the trigger takes it back eventually.

Even the food I gave you?

Yeah, he just looked at it and turned around. I went back to the meaty stuff, and he spit it out...not sure what it's looking for. (scratch)

How long has it been in the tank?

It's been in the tank since sunday. I heard the sargassum could take weeks to come out and eat, but this one came out and wasn't scared of me the following day so I had high hopes.