November 2009 PNWMAS Meeting

JManrow

The November 2009 PNWMAS Meeting will be at the home of Steve Manning "Smann"

1240 Bexhill St.

West Linn, OR 97068

Sunday, November 15th at 2:00 PM

Steve says he would like to do a workshop on "mounting corals, cutting drilling live rock" in the tank and out.

Don't forget to set up a thread for trading frags,and get involved! Most trades were arranged in advance, so don't miss out this time!

Evites will be going out soon. Send me a PM along with your e-mail address if you are not receiving them and would like to be added to the PNWMAS Evite list!

We will also be discussing the December Christmas Party!

• 2 weeks later...

The November 2009 PNWMAS Meeting Evites have been sent!

The November 2009 PNWMAS Meeting Evites have been sent!

If are not receiving Evites and would like to be on our mailing list, please PM your e-mail address to me so you can receive notifications of upcoming PNWMAS Meetings and Events.

Are non paying members invited? Im asking cuz I've never gotten and e-vite before.

Just ask JManrow to add you to his email list. Then you will get them every time they are sent out. Everyone is invited to the meets. I didn't even know their was such a thing as a paying member until I went to a meet and found out.

You don't need an Evite to attend. Everyone is welcome. The Evites are just a way of letting people know about upcoming PNWMAS meetings and events, especially if they do not frequent the forum on a regular basis, or missed reading the meeting announcement thread.

Being a paid PNWMAS member has it's advantages. You have access to the Member's Forum, can take part in elections and vote on club issues. Card carrying PNWMAS members are entitled to discounts at participating sponsoring Local Fish Stores and at various club events. Membership keeps the club and forum going, and helps make it possible for bringing in visiting speakers and fund programs like Tanks For Teachers in our schools.

The membership fee can more than pay for itself in a short time!

' date=',,I didn't even know their was such a thing as a paying member until I went to a meet and found out.[/quote']

What(scratch) Didn't I tell you? Or is that when I told you(scratch)

And' date=' you get $5 off of any entry into the GOC games also :)(clap)[/quote']

Yet another perk....and shameless plugDOH!

Just became a paid member! YAY!

Nice. It is always good to support the tools and resources of your hobby(rock2)

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a particular name for it. For it's color/type or?

Lets see.....In the one of the books I have Aquarium Corals by Eric H. Borneman its shown as "Turbinaria reniformis" note smooth surface, yellow margins, yellowish green color is typical

Steve, thanks again for hosting the event...this was my first event. Your tank is obviously super great.

Thanks also for the demo on cutting rock and making plugs out of LR. "frag disks suck!"

good food, met some great knowledgeable people and got some sweet frags...and a new membership to PNWMAS...using my discount card sounds awesome.

So, thanks again Steve and all those involved in hosting this thing.

*I have an idea* that was your warning -

maybe, put some sort of identifying sign outside of the meeting place...that way people know where it is, and neighbors don't think twice about the people bringing ziplock baggies loaded with macro's out to their cars...DOH!