What do you have for pets?

Barleychown

Who/what do you share your life and home with?

I will confess, I have somewhat of a zoo.:p Besides the 120 and 8 gallon saltwater tanks, I have a 29 gallon freshwater. I have a great dane named Abigail, and he/we have a shih tzu cross named Kricket.

There are three cats who redise in this house, but are rarely seen...Meow-meow (named by the firemen) came from the fire station. Odelle came from an aunt when she passed on. Sully lives here, but doesn't want to be seen. He is also a stray from the station.

We also have a lutino ringneck named Duke, who is way too good at learning words we don't want him to. Then there is Sprite, a "pocket parrot" that has been with me for years.

Of course, there is Mr.bunny who lives in the back yard/jungle.

And last but not least, I have a horse I retired from showing after I graduated 8 years ago. She lives on a farm with other older horses, in a pasture that I'm sure is the stuff of every horse's dreams...creeks, ponds, shade and good buddies to scratch the places you can't reach.:p

So, tell me a little about your pets!(drinking)

We have the 100 gallon tank, that all the cats just love to watch. Some even think they can catch the fish. The cats are 2 males Twister and Austin and the female is Ashley. We also have my boy Diesel a 3 yr. old Great Pyrenees that makes us vaccum alot. We recently signed up to see if we can qualify to become foster parents for the Great Pyrenees Recovery Program. Which takes in dogs that have been turned away or have been neglected/abused. Really hoping to hear from them soon. (fingers crossed) But thats it, unless you count the 2 legged types.

Ok, you asked for it.

5 Cats

Ball Python

Corn Snake

Western Hognose Snake

Bearded Dragon

B&W Tegu

Tarantula

2 Red Eared Slider Turtles ( Pond )

Goldfish ( Pond )

Betta

240 Gallon Reef

20 Long Reef

Stacy will probably post some pics of the wildlife.

Jay

Ok' date=' you asked for it. Stacy will probably post some pics of the wildlife.[/quote']

Here's a few pics of some of the critters!

Rufus is about two years old. He's a beautiful cat. Wish he'd take better pics though! He's always shutting his eyes, which... can you blame him?

DSC02777.jpg

Wiener is the same age as Rufus. I visited Jay at his store and they had kittens in a cooler out front. When I laid eyes on him I knew he belonged with us. He was painfully cute as a baby. Now he's... well, he's Wiener.

DSC02810.jpg

This is Boo (full name is in the movie "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"- what Jay calls his girlfriend). Drools on me all the time when I hold her. And not just a little either!

DSC02959.jpg

And here is Smudge. She's the one who tried to jump into the tegu cage last night and slammed into the glass. Not the sharpest tool in the shed by any means! Plus she probably lost a few brain cells after that little stunt!

DSC02625.jpg

Kiona is a persian... but I don't have any good pics of her. She's just a crotchety old lady of 15. Fights with the boys all the time, but luckily she's okay with the kittens.

Here's the tarantula. Right after it molted, so it's real purty!

DSC01084.jpg

Tiny when he was a bit younger, so he's bigger. Once the cage is done I'll take updated pics. And when he's done shedding. I'll probably have Jay hold him so his size can be gauged. If Jay isn't too scared that is! He's a master of the tail whip.

Picture089.jpg

Head shot of Rizz the bearded dragon. We modded the fireplace and that's where she lives. Appropriate that a dragon live in the fireplace, eh?

DSCN1789.jpg

Head shot of Sneeker, the corn snake. I've been tagged by this one, and it wasn't a fun thing! FYI, don't have a snake out with a cat nearby!

DSCN1361.jpg

And last, but not least... Dante the ball python. Hands down, the best pet snake to have if one was wanting a snake. Well, at least in my opinion. He's also bigger. We don't get the reptiles out and handle them much... and I think they prefer it that way anyhow. I think they tolerate handling because we're warm and nice to rest on!

DSCN0189.jpg

So that's most of the zoo. Once we beautify the pond a bit I'll most likely post pics of that. Right now it's a bit of an eyesore... but we have plans! I've also enacted a NO MORE CRITTERS clause! We tend to take in a lot of animals that are unwanted. Or in the case of one of the turtles, that escaped or was dumped by an irresponsible pet owner and was trying to cross a busy highway in Eugene! Hence the name Speedbump since she just about was one!

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here's my 'extended family'... all my cats. First is Zo - I think he's a Maine Coone but not sure, as he was a stray kitten we found. He's been a great cat, sleeps next to me every night. Then we have our Bengals. Keko is the papa. He was a rescue of sorts. He's 2 years old and weighs about 15 lbs! He's a red marbled. Cats always seem to some weird quirk with their personalities. Keko likes to take walks up and down the street with me. Nobody else, just me. My wife thinks I'm part cat or something! :D Then our mama Bengal is Sasha. One of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen. Sasha is a blue(which means grey??) spotted. She had her first litter of one 2 months ago. A spotted little girl kitten who is a perfect mix of the two. The kitten likes to chew on moms ear when it's time to wake up and play! If someone is interested in a full breed Bengal, let me know. I believe she is prego again but not possitive. They are full breed but the papa isn't papered, so no papers on the kittens. Here's some pics! Enjoy!

post-96-141867733937_thumb.jpg

post-96-141867733939_thumb.jpg

post-96-141867733949_thumb.jpg

post-96-141867733951_thumb.jpg

We have:

2 - black bear hamsters

5 - hermit/land crabs

20 gal freshwater

55 gal freshwater

30 gal sw fish w/liverock

125 gal reef tank

1 - little tiny cube tank w/1 baby bluestripe pipefish and 1 pom pom crab cheering him/her on

oh and there is Kiki our himi - she gets jealous if you spend too much time staring at the fish!!

AHHHH More kittens....I want another cat' date=' but the man said no. :sad:[/quote']

Keith! Come on, just one more kitty! They're so much more fun in multiples! Jay can give you some pointers on a monsterous DIY cat tree! laugh

Big Dave, your cats are precious! The Bengals are so cute! I wish we could... but man. Five is enough. No, not eight... five! (Sometimes I think five is too many when they're doing their evil, clandestine cat business!)

Craig, Chow Mein is SO cute! I love the name, too! And I think you already know I'm madly in love with Pompei! You need to take tons of pics and make a "Pompei Thread" so I can sit here, oohing and ahhhing.

Pcsdlszr, I absolutely love my pom-poms. But they hide from me! I have 3 of them in my 20 long and once in a while I can see one of them when I'm doing my moonlight lookin'-for-creepy-crawlies mission with the flashlight. I've actually toyed with setting up the 72 bow as a planted Discus tank... and will if Jay doesn't hurry the heck up and get rid of it! It's been sitting on the back deck for over six months.

Well, at least we don't have a car up on blocks in the front yard... right?

Stacy

i don't have pics of em' date=' but we have the 60 gallon reef, the 12 pound rabbit, and the 3 pound dog[/quote'] When you get pics you'll have to post them for us! Do you have a puppy or a small breed dog? All of my kitties weigh more than your dog! Heck, my one lizard weighs more than your dog! :eek:

Stacy

...attached is a photo of baxter our new puppy.
That puppy is so cute!!! More pics of the new addition! I know, I keep begging for more puppy pics when I'm a cat person. Don't tell my cats!

They say dogs are supposed to look like their owners
Oh, SNAP! laugh

Stacy

i don't have pics of em' date=' but we have the 60 gallon reef, the 12 pound rabbit, and the 3 pound dog[/quote']

12 pound rabbit? What do you feed it, steroids? laugh laugh laugh

I saw a girl walking her rabbit down the bike path last weekend. Very odd. scratch scratch

I saw a girl walking her rabbit down the bike path last weekend. Very odd. scratch scratch
Er, I know you live in Eugene... did you have a special left-handed cigarette in your hand? laugh

Just kidding! I always wanted to harness train our Tegu lizard and take him for walks, but he's a tad bit too squirrelly for anything of the sort! Too bad, because it would have been funny!

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...

1 cat, and just retired freshwater setups. I would like to get a dog but Im afraid the cat would hurt him, tried new cats but this girl dont like competition. Had a dog for a few months and the cat beat him up.