R-3'S OFFICIAL 90G 3'x2'x2' THREAD

R-3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man getting anxious!! :) Ive got the durso and some of the drain done. Im gonna go buy my temp sump tonight and do the rest of the plumbing. Hopefully wet test tomorrow! Heres some pics.

HERES THE TANK AND STAND. I STILL HAVENT DECIDED WHAT TO DO WITH THE DOOR YET.

DSC05939.jpg

HERES THE HOLE IN THE BACK MY BUDDY DRILLED FOR ME. I WENT THROUGH THE BACK CAUSE I DIDNT KNOW IF THE BOTTOM WAS TEMPERED OR NOT. :) BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

DSC05940.jpg

HERES A UP CLOSE OF THE DURSO. STILL GOTTA DRILL THE TOP WHEN ITS SETUP

DSC05943.jpg

So all in all Im kinda waiting to when I can get up to Portland to get some acrylic for the overflow. Hopefully Im gonna build my light rack for my SLS LUMEN MAX 2. Thats really about it. Ill have more update tonight when I finish the plumbing, hopefully. Later Ryan

Thanks guys! So Reynaldo got here and we got a little done tonight. All of the drain plumbing and the skimmer are ready to go. I just gotta go to HD tomorrow to get some 1" for the return. So tomorrow I will move the cube over a couple feet to put the new tank in its place.

So here is all thats left.

1. Plumb the 1" return

2. Make a overflow box

3. Build light rack

Later Ryan

hey Rich do u see a problem with makin the emergency drain a little smaller?. for example if the main drain is 1 1/2", could the E-drain be 1"....assuming that the likelyhood of the main being completely blocked would be pretty rare.his return is only like 900 gph

Ive been really lazy, well actually partying tooo much!!! :) Halloween weekend and the win against USC really did a number one me. Im gonna try to get to Portland this week to get my acrylic for the overflow and build the ight rack. Ill try :). Later Ryan

CHANGE OF PLANS!!

I got a used 36" 8 Bulb Tek Light for sale at a great price! Thats what I wanted but they dont even make them anymore. Hell YEAH!! So Im back to T5's now which makes me happy. I really liked the colors I got from the bulbs. Also the heat issue was a big thing. I just thought it would be cheaper to go with a single 400. This Tek is a great deal though so I gotta do it. So that nixes having to build a light rack so now all I gotta do is the overflow. Later Ryan

UPDATE:

I got the overflow built tonight so I will probably install it on Sunday. Gotta go to the BEAV game tomorrow. As im waiting for the silicone to dry I will probably glue the little bit of plumbing I have left and be ready for a wet test on TUESDAY!!! I should get my new light this week to so that will help also. Heres a pic of the overflow.

DSC05946.jpg

Well I went ahead and just used GE#1. Seemed like the overall favortie since I couldnt get any black around here. I think it turned out pretty well. Ill see how it looks tomorrow! So next is getting all the plumbing put together and I should be ale to wet test on Tuesday!!!! Hell yeah! I cant wait to get this thing up and running. Later Ryan

Okay I couldnt sleep. I just got done filling the tank and no leaks! Except for one part I forgot to glue. Oops! Its really not dripping it just has some water on the pipe. I cant wait to get some salty stuff in there. My overflow I just put in there was sealed up great. No water seeped in when I was fillin. That GE #1 works really good. Seemed to seal up real nicely. So tomorrow I gotta go pickup my lights, CA reactor, and sand. Im gonna let the tank run like this for a couple of days. Im thinking sand and salt probably Thursday definately Friday. Later Ryan