What would happen?

What is the tank depth? If it's close to 30" which is what it looks like then your going to need 400w lights to reach the bottom. With the length probably 3 of them.

What do you have for 250w lights? I may be willing to swap my dual 400w Pendants with the PFO ballast for 3 250w lights. (I think I would rather downgrade a few watts to get 3 lights instead of 2 over my tank)

If the market wasn't so soft I would suggest selling the fixture and then retrofit 400's. A nice fixture "should" sell for more than the parts would cost to do it however I just don't know right now. (It took me a few weeks to sell the fixture I had and I took half of what I thought it should have sold for)

I think I would get a couple of reflector/mogul setups and use the dual 400w ballast to run them instead. I don't think (not sure) the 400 DE bulbs will fit the 250w DE sockets. I don't think I would put a fixture under a canopy again. (Heat is harder to control)

Dang! OK!! So hmmm' date=' I wonder?[/quote']How deep is the tank front to back? Rule of thumb is one MH light for 2 sq. ft. of surface area. Your tank is 6' long instead of 8'. Unless it's deeper than 30" front to back then 3 MH lights is probably what you will need and then a couple of VHO or something to supplement them in front and behind.

Dang!! Well shoots!! Ok!! I need reflectors!! I have the moguls and ballast for 3, 400w single ended just need the reflectors! And VHO's I would like to get 3 six footers with a 660 ice cap ballast!! Or I might have a line on a t5 fixture that has 8 or 10 of em in it, but it's only 48" long! Do you think that would work?

Clay