crack in sump

Saltfinsax

Well somehow my sump decided to crack from my hole that I made from one of the bulkheads. It only leaking very slowly so far, but am sure glad I put a water proof sealent on the bottem of my stand when I build it, it has saved my twice now.

What do you use on cracks in plexiglass to seal them, and where do you get it?

I take it it has to be dry and what do I do about the salt that is now inside the crack?

Can you take the sump out to fix it? if you can and if when you get it all dry and such then put a drop of water on the crack, if the crack looks like it disapiers then rince the salt out with fresh water then get it dry and use some weldon 3 or 4 and drop it on like ya did the water it will whick into the crack and weld it together. let it dry for about an hour then put back together but dont overtiten the bulkhead.

Weldon 4 which will seep into the crack and then weldon 16 over the outside which will buildup a layer of acrylic on the outside. If it was a display where it would be seen I would stick to just the weldon 4 but for a sump I would add the extra layer for insurance. After it dries you can sand it down enough to get a good fit with the bulkhead fitting.