New to Oregon

nnewhouse

Hello! My wife and I just moved to Oregon from Kansas and are finally settling in. We are very involved in the marine hobby and love all it has to offer. It's great to see so many individuals involved in the hobby no matter where you go.(clap) We were active in our local reef keeping community in Kansas and would love to continue that. I know we are excited about meeting new people and checking out what Oregon has to offer. Here is a picture of our previous setup:

Full+tank+shot.jpg

and here is a link to more pics; http://www.salt-city.org/portal.php?page=102008totm

We are going a different route this time and setting up a seahorse tank. I will be posting a build thread in the near future. While I am thinking about it, does anybody around the Eugene area have a used 25g or 20high? I will also post in the WTB section. Thanks, and we look forward to meeting everyone!

Nick

Welcome! I am in Eugene and new to the hobby. Our excitement to fill the tank has recently taken us up I-5 to purchase items, livestock and just to check out the LFS in other towns!! If you find something you need let me know, I may be able to pick it up for you. The people on this forum are GREAT! Always helpfull and full of knowledge. This may help, created by tidalsculpin a.k.a. joel :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102367453637283001201.00046e84db58e31ef3de1&ll=45.383773,-122.762818&spn=0.007535,0.017745&z=16

Welcome. If you want to meet a bunch of people from here in person a lot of us will be at this months meeting on the 18th. This one will have a sizeable attendance since it will be at Barelycuda's place. (He has a Clownhouse where he breads clownfish) It will be a bit of a drive from Eugene but probably well worth the trip. Especially if you can do a bit of frag swapping at the same time.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'm not in Eugene but I have a 29g I just decided I'm not gonna use now. I'm sure I could get it to you some how... I gotta come down soon too. Hint Hint Clay! :) Welcome to the club!!!

Thanks for the offer but a 29g is a little long for my stand.

WELCOME NEW "TOAD" I wah hoping someone would do a sea horse tank. There is a meeting later this month. Not sure when yet but it will be posted.

Sweet, I will keep an eye out.

Welcome! I am in Eugene and new to the hobby. Our excitement to fill the tank has recently taken us up I-5 to purchase items, livestock and just to check out the LFS in other towns!! If you find something you need let me know, I may be able to pick it up for you. The people on this forum are GREAT! Always helpfull and full of knowledge. This may help, created by tidalsculpin a.k.a. joel :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102367453637283001201.00046e84db58e31ef3de1&ll=45.383773,-122.762818&spn=0.007535,0.017745&z=16

That's awfully nice of you. I will keep that in mind. We don't need any livestock now, but we might need some other things.

Yep!! Got a 20high. When do you want it? It is only the tank.

Thanks ClayTheSavageFraser! I will send you a pm.

Welcome,

Hope to meet you guys soon! I think we need another Eugene/Salem/Albany Fragfest soon!!

I might be able to host at my house. I have room for about 25-30 people at my place. Of course my better half would have to agree to it!(wife) Let me know what everyone thinks.