New to Oregon

nnewhouse

• 2 weeks later...

WELCOME to the group! Im in Albany just north of you & I come down there often to visit a great aunt or to do rescue & rehab transport. Let me know if I can transport anything for you pertaining to tanks or livestock. I would also be able to host a fragswap here. I host seminars for rehab & meetings for the local pigeon club every month. I suppose I can have some "frag freaks" here, lol. Kim

Hello! My wife and I just moved to Oregon from Kansas and are finally settling in. We are very involved in the marine hobby and love all it has to offer. It's great to see so many individuals involved in the hobby no matter where you go.(clap) We were active in our local reef keeping community in Kansas and would love to continue that. I know we are excited about meeting new people and checking out what Oregon has to offer. Here is a picture of our previous setup:

Full+tank+shot.jpg

and here is a link to more pics; http://www.salt-city.org/portal.php?page=102008totm

We are going a different route this time and setting up a seahorse tank. I will be posting a build thread in the near future. While I am thinking about it, does anybody around the Eugene area have a used 25g or 20high? I will also post in the WTB section. Thanks, and we look forward to meeting everyone!

Nick

Nick,

Welcome to Oregon and PNWMAS!

I think you'll find Oregon to be a rather cozy place. You just missed some oddball weather for this state however (100-107F Summer days). Don't worry though, maybe we'll get a snow storm or two this Winter. (laugh)

If you want some help on the seahorse tank project you might swing on by our store sometime. I think you'll be impressed by the creatures that we take care of. :)

Best regards, Ricky Soutas Jr.

-Soutas Saltwater & Reef Inc.-

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always late to the party. Welcome to the club.

If you need any help with the seahorses I have been keeping them for about 8 years, have some published articles, bred a few species, I kinda was obsessed for a bit. I'm sure I can help you out.

I have a ton of species of macro algaes I could start you off with as well.

Hope your enjoying Oregon so far.

I'm always late to the party. Welcome to the club.

If you need any help with the seahorses I have been keeping them for about 8 years, have some published articles, bred a few species, I kinda was obsessed for a bit. I'm sure I can help you out.

I have a ton of species of macro algaes I could start you off with as well.

Hope your enjoying Oregon so far.

Wow, I will definitely take you up on that offer!(clap) It will be a few months before we are up and running, but you will be the first person I contact. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!