New Member Introduction

Logical1

Hello everyone, Im glad to have found this place. after a long time of reading and learning I finally took my existing oceanic tank (was freshwater) and made it what it was designed for "a reef tank". I have the standard overhead lights that came with it for now. As I only have about 5 pieces of living rock and a couple of damselfish to cycle it. Soon I will be on my way. I will share pictures as it comes around slowly. I am looking for a nice t5 5 to 6 bulb light set up so if someone knows of one please let me know. I pick up my skimmer today (a little early probably) from Cayes pets in portland. any way sorry about the book, but Im excited to be here and learn from everyone and share what little I know as well.

thank you

Jason

Buddy! You need a new light!! Pronto!! Welcome!! These are a great bunch of guys/girls!! I have had so much assistance it is unbelievable and all advice has been tried and true! It's better to ask if you don't know and learn all you can. Otherwise just grab a garbage can and start throwin money in it!! When you are ready to stock it up get ahold of djgiantii he has some awesome frags!!

Clay

Welcome to the club. I grew up in Gresham and my family was going to Cayes since before I was born (almost 40 years ago!).

Try to make it out to Oregon City this next Sunday because there will be a group meeting. It would be great to meet you face-to-face.

Once you do have your tank set up nice, let me know. I try to give some starter corals to new members. Usually a few zoas and some xenia. It is not fun looking at an empty tank.

dsoz

Welcome to the site. Cayes is a great place. If you get a chance to sit and chat with Shane, he is a great resource there. Shane always makes time to chat when im in there. Cayes is where I got my start last year and i have been obcessed ever since.

this place is a great resource also, great folks and people always willing to help you with something.

I never got any free frags from Dsoz, but I did get a free urchin from him. Thanks Dennis. He is doing a great job keeping the hair algae down.

Welcome to the site!!

You will certainly find some good folks and deals.

I have a T5 fixture with 6 24 watt bulbs but it is a 24" fixture. You mentioned Oceanic Tank and I dont know how small they make them, my guess is mine is to small.

Anyway gald you are on board-Enjoy

WELCOME NEW "TOAD" :) Just go slow. Is the skimmer new? What brand? If you really caatch the "Reef Bug" you'll want to go bigger before you know it. Anticipate this in advance and it can save you money down the road. Or you will end up with a room full of extra stuff, like most of us have. Great having you and looking foward the pic's. And as Beckie said "Ask away and you will be surprised how fast you'll get opinions"(clap)