share pics of your previous and current tanks!

kilmca

Thought I would try to start a thread for everyone to post a single picture of every display tank they have ever had. I tried to find the best FTS of each tank that i've ever had since college. So share some pics of your past and current tanks, mine are below.

55 from college in 2002

3914322712_022ac7fa4d_b.jpg

72 bowfront from 2004

3913538169_e7c211c8fb_o.jpg

120 from 2006

3914324336_75e5174811_b.jpg

200 from 2008

3914325170_b706ddc892_b.jpg

400 from 2009

3913540353_0c0bc732d2_b.jpg

That 400 is just awsome.

This is my current tank - just a 79gal, but I built just about everything on this, DT, sump, skimmer, kalk reactor, reflectors and of course the light pendant/stand, my second tank. First was a 100 AGA more for fish than a reef, too shallow, no circulation, too much heat from MH's

Now if I can finish painting the pendant and stand, I'll be setDOH!

IMG_5450.jpg

My first SW Tank (60 Gallon Display).

attachment.php?attachmentid=4630&d=1242266269

85 Gallon Display and extra 20 Gallon Tank (You can sort of see the 20g on the left side of the pic)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4815&stc=1&d=1244531687

15.5 Gallon Nano Tank

attachment.php?attachmentid=5309&stc=1&d=1248489885

40 Gallon Display

attachment.php?attachmentid=5475&stc=1&d=1249421075

My current 125 Gallon Display

attachment.php?attachmentid=5770&stc=1&d=1252131294

Here is an updated FTS after last weeks bout with an evil damsel:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5936&stc=1&d=1253576322

I am currently planning a small frag tank to put beside my 125g which I will build myself.

Do blue throat triggers nip at corals?

This should probably be a new thread but to answer, the Blue Throat Trigger is the one trigger that everyone seems to be able to agree is reef safe. In my experience the Niger Trigger is also reef safe. Mine never nipped any corals but did eat like a pig. Alas I found him wedged up into a piece of LR a few days ago after not seeing him for the day. Apparently it jammed itself up into the rock too tight and wasn't able to back out afterwards. (The trigger was locked open) Too bad as it was one of our favorites so I imagine we will be getting another one.

Well this is kind of fitting since I just had my 1 year anniversary of being introduced to saltwater fish.

My first tank. 55 gal 0908

wcpp1.jpg

Shortly after

fishy1.jpg

I then discovered marine velvet and the benifits of qt. Ended up with another 55gal as my reef, the other got turned into a fish only.

momscamera044.jpg

Decided I was addicted about feb of this year and went to the current 180.

Turned my 55 reef into sump and moved everything into a 29 gal reef while new tank was being setting up.

29reef006.jpg

Now im here with my 180 in the works still.

tank082509018.jpg

Thinking about setting up the 29 again up in my room just cause.:eek:

Went a little crazy in a years time, but this is like crack to me. I cant stop(rock2)

I started the hobby after my wife convinced me to go down to Petco so she could buy a betta. Of course I go all out when I get into something so once I started cruising the isles and looking at SW fish I decided that a betta was a bit drab and to simple for me. I blame her my starting my addiction. I think she might even blame herself a little too.

I started with a 29g Eclipse system from Petco that ame with 2 little flourecent tubes. I of course did very little research and took only the advice that I fealt would allow me to keep stuff alive. We all know how quickly we are forced to learn the correct way to keep a SW tank. Though I managed to keep a few corals alive for a while, it was by no means a reef tank.

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0008-4.jpg

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0002-3.jpg

After a huge learning process and some advise from local reefers, the internet, and LFS's other than Petco, I decided to upgrade to something a bit bigger, a bit more reef tank like, and a bit more of a money pit! I ended up with a non-drilled 90g tank with a very DIYS hood and retrofited lighting. I thought I learned alot from my 29g! This tank really allowed me to learn some of the ropes!

DSC_0002cropedandedited.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

More of this tank: http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2224

I was tired of not having a reef ready tank and wanted something that had a bit more length and could allow for some larger fish. The 90 was a fun system but I wanted something bigger, better, and more of a money pit! So after going to my favorite LFS to get a quote on a 125g, I was convinced to go with a 210g! I am not quite sure how he managed to convince me but I was a bit worried that it might be just too big of a tank. After all it ended up taking 4 adult men to move the thing into my house without someone blowing an organ into another organs spot. This ended up being perhaps my favorite build so far. It started as a nice, simple, large mixed reef, then progress into an sps dominated tank plumbed into a 900g total system volume prop/algae/just fun system!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

The inline garage:

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084-1.jpg

After having to do a very sad tear down and sell off of most of my previous system, I moved into an appartment. Man was it nice not having to deal with tanks! But of course only a few months sober and I had to get something back up and running! I was so freakin bored with all of the free time that was once spent on my system. My dad convinced me that I needed to set up another system. I wanted a tank in his garage and want me to start growing corals again. After telling him no many times over a period of about 2 months, he managed to catch me at a vulnerable time. I was extremely happy eating this cheeseburger and he managed to get me to say let start a setup over the next couple of weeks! Remember that when quitting an addiction, it is necessary to remove yourself from those people in your life that might try to sway you back to your old habbits;)

That being the short of the story, here is what the system kind of looks like now. There have been a few upgrades, move arounds, livestock additions, etc. since the pics.

90g display(my old tank now drilled)- looks cooler now :)

DSC_0066-3.jpg

Part of the prop/algae/invert system

DSC_0113-1.jpg

It will be interesting to see how this system evolves. I am eventually going to upgrade the display tank itself to something much larger but since this system is in my parents garage, ideally I would like to wait until my wife and I purchase a house.

Oh and anytime anyone want to come down to grab some inverts, frags, algae, or do some trading, just toss me a PM.

Garrett

It will be interesting to see how this system evolves. I am eventually going to upgrade the display tank itself to something much larger but since this system is in my parents garage, ideally I would like to wait until my wife and I purchase a house.

Garrett

You have some very undersatanding Parents(clap)

And as far as the set up-one word- WOW

Cant even imagine

VERY nice