The 75gal tank - an upgrade tale

impur

I went to work a little today installing and improving my ATO. Took some pics of course ;)

This stuff is cool, you put it in almost boiling water and it gets super flexible for like 5 min.

P1010136.jpg

So i cut it downt he center. This way i plan to have 2 float switches, one as a backup incase the bottom one fails

P1010137.jpg

P1010139.jpg

P1010140.jpg

P1010141.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well its been awhile since i updated this. I went to work saturday redoing my CA reactor plumbing, built an MJmod for Susanne, and found a couple ways to better the venturi on my skimmer. Of course lots of pics

I found this in the sprinkler section. The pump on my skimmer has 1/2 FPT where my venturi connects to it. The venturi is less than optimal. I found a piece of rigid tubing that fits perfectly into this.

P1010248.jpg

P1010249.jpg

P1010247.jpg

I cut the end at an angle

P1010251.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010253.jpg

I redesigned my CA reactor. I upped the pipe size to try and eliminate the pump cavitating, so i went from 1/2" to 1". I also eliminated the 45 el and 1 90 as well as changed where the CO2 in is.

P1010255.jpg

P1010256.jpg

The vertial T is the effluent out, the CO2 will enter at the last T where the pump connects, and water in is the T before that.

Well its been awhile since i updated this. I went to work saturday redoing my CA reactor plumbing' date=' built an MJmod for Susanne, and found a couple ways to better the venturi on my skimmer.[/quote']

:)

Thanks a lot!

Should I come by some day soon?

I also have the heater you loaned me ready to return. Bought a new one at Sean's a week ago.

-Susanne