New tank for teachers

nwcoralfarm

Hey guys

I think this is a great program and I have a nano tank that I would like to donate to school in the Longview/Kelso area. Or really anywhere else for that matter, but I would especially like to see it go local. I would even be willing to help out with the upkeep of the tank as well.

Here is the problem, I dont know anything about how this program is structured. So I don't know if there is a list of people looking for tanks etc, etc. If anyone can chime in and fill me in on some of the details I would really appreciate it.

I am thinking about calling up some local schools and offering it up that way. If I do should I just inform them of the website? Is there an administrator they would need to speak with?

Lastly, I will make sure it has a nice set of corals and live rock in it when I give it out but I would like to know if there is anyone interested in donating lights for the tank and maybe a good hardy fish or 2.;)

Please PM me of you can with any answers.

Thanks so much for such a generous offer! We here at PNWMAS do have a format for getting teachers tanks! We have interested teachers fill out an online application. We ask that they join our club (no charge) and sign up at the wiki site to give updates on the tank! Our club can take donations for tanks and supplies and deliever these supplies to teachers!

Let me know about the donation...we can get you a receipt so you can write it off on the taxes as well.

As for the teacher interested in obtaining a tank and being part of the TFT program, follow the links....

http://www.tanksforteachers.wikispaces.com

There should be an application on the site. Fill it out and send it in to me!

Thanks,

Kris

I have made some DIY rock from concrete that I am willing to give to the teacher tanks. I also have some starter corals that I can give to a teacher tank (zoanthids, polyps, kenya tree, frogspawn, etc.).

PM me to make arrangements.

dsoz

Thanks so much for such a generous offer! We here at PNWMAS do have a format for getting teachers tanks! We have interested teachers fill out an online application. We ask that they join our club (no charge) and sign up at the wiki site to give updates on the tank! Our club can take donations for tanks and supplies and deliever these supplies to teachers!

Let me know about the donation...we can get you a receipt so you can write it off on the taxes as well.

As for the teacher interested in obtaining a tank and being part of the TFT program, follow the links....

http://www.tanksforteachers.wikispaces.com

There should be an application on the site. Fill it out and send it in to me!

Thanks,

Kris

I will do that. I do not have microsoft office on my pc so I can not download it myself ( any chance we can get that posted up in another format?) But when I find somebody I will let you know.

I have made some DIY rock from concrete that I am willing to give to the teacher tanks. I also have some starter corals that I can give to a teacher tank (zoanthids, polyps, kenya tree, frogspawn, etc.).

PM me to make arrangements.

dsoz

I think that frog spawn and zoas would be great, we all know how much kids love clownfish and I can get one of those to go with the frogspawn. I think a Kenya tree really might grow too big too fast since it is a 12 gallon.

So I have not yet found a school but am still looking. Ithought of a few other things we could use to have if anyone is interested including a net, and some kind of light to hang over the top. This tank has a light built into the hood but bulbs are near impossible to find for it, also you can't use the skimmer with the top on. Just an idea, I am sure there are other things as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if i remember right moovinfasts wife is a teacher in longview/kelso also... man crazy most of the members in longview/kelso have spouses as teachers... Both my parents are teachers but my fiance is a nurse' date=' i need someone to take care of me :)[/quote']

I didn't know you're Fiance was a nurse, so is mine. She works at the new Salmon Creek Hospital.