That would be fine too. I would just need to see you before the cut off. I guess sooner the better. Or you could give it to someone out there that is joining and they could paypal both of yours.

I understand, up until recently I wasn't a big fan of paypal either, but they have made some changes and seem to be more secure. I don't think it costs you anything to send, but they do take a percentage...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea' date=' since this is a grow out contest, the total polyp count isn't necessarily important. What if, instead of cutting off extra polyps, we just take note of how many each person started with. That way if some of the frags end up with extras at the beginning, you don't have to stress them any more by cutting. Just note the total at the beginning, and then the total at the end. Who ever has the largest number of polyps minus the number that they started with wins. Just an idea to stress these animals as little as possible.[/quote']

I am in with this idea, cutting a new growth polyp seem to be too cruel. (nono)(nono)(nono)

I have an idea' date=' since this is a grow out contest, the total polyp count isn't necessarily important. What if, instead of cutting off extra polyps, we just take note of how many each person started with. That way if some of the frags end up with extras at the beginning, you don't have to stress them any more by cutting. Just note the total at the beginning, and then the total at the end. Who ever has the largest number of polyps minus the number that they started with wins. Just an idea to stress these animals as little as possible.[/quote']

I like this idea as well.

I think trying to track how many polyps each started with will create a mess. Especially if the frags are shipped in groups to each area and then distributed that way. (You would then have to rely on whoever recieves/distributes then to report back who has what) Starting with a set number for everyone makes it easier for those running the competition and eliminates any potential issue where some feel they did not get a fair start since their frag either had more or less polyps. (Yes, having more to start is just as unfair as having less)

I think trying to track how many polyps each started with will create a mess. Especially if the frags are shipped in groups to each area and then distributed that way. (You would then have to rely on whoever recieves/distributes then to report back who has what) Starting with a set number for everyone makes it easier for those running the competition and eliminates any potential issue where some feel they did not get a fair start since their frag either had more or less polyps. (Yes' date=' having more to start is just as unfair as having less)[/quote']

I agree with you Rick. The other issue I see with this is they seem to grow exponentially so if one had 5 and one had 6 the 6 would most likely also have a bigger base to grow more polyps off of thus giving it even more of an advantage. I know we could go deeper and deeper on how one has an advantage over another too, but I'll leave it at that.:D

Just a nube I guess-I sent the payment' date=' but [i']where[/i] do I sign up or have I done that by sending money, and lastly what thread do I subscribe to or how to I keep updated?

Thanks in advance

Money paid for banner plus 15.00 for the contest-the extra 5.00 (15.00 vs 10.00 for members) will go for a good use-techniclly wasn't a subscribed member at the time I paid 15.00-LOL

TY