Ok, so we are starting the sign up's a bit earlier this time around to allow time to be better prepared for the next competition. This next competition will start November 1st, sign up's end October 1st. Although we are going to have more competition frags than the previous competition, supplies are limited. So to secure your position in this competition sign up now. There have been a couple modifications to the rules which we recommend you take time to review here Rules and Guidelines. Entry fee's are the same $10 to PNWMAS members and $15 to non PNWMAS members. Entry fee's should be sent via Paypal to PNWGOC@gmail.com and please add your full name AND your PNWMAS screen name to the note. Prizes to be announced.

Everyone will be receiving and equal frag (between 3 and 5 polyps) of these

Generously donated by Garretm85(clap)

czoassdfgghtr.jpg

Prizes so far include:

1 inch frag of Rainbow Monti (clap)(generously donated by Westside Aquariums)

4 head acan frag (clap) (generously donated by Westside Aquariums)

0827091725.jpg

Yellow Eye Green Lava Chalice (clap)(generously donated by Westside Aquariums)

downsized_0827091727a.jpg

Mint and Cream Chalice (generously donated by Totally Exotic Corals)

MintandCream.jpg

"TEC" Crown Jewel Favia (generously donated by Totally Exotic Corals)

TECCrownJewelFavia.jpg

Tubb's Blue Polyp Birdsnest

IMG_2991.jpg

"TEC" Shades of Fall

IMG_2986.jpg

Green death

IMG_2998-1.jpg

"TEC" Superman

IMG_2987.jpg

"ORA" Hawkins

IMG_2995.jpg

TEC Orange Lepastrea

TECOrangeLeptastrea.jpg

Sunset Monti

SunsetMonti.jpg

Purple Paly's generously donated by Coral Mafia

AUT_0454.jpg

Christmas Favia

attachment.php?attachmentid=6054&stc=1&d=1254743442

Acan Echinada

attachment.php?attachmentid=6055&stc=1&d=1254743442

Cyphastrea

attachment.php?attachmentid=6056&stc=1&d=1254743442

Remember just because you aren't on the list doesn't mean you can't join

Only the first 40 will be entered

List of confirmed competitors

01. Rick

02. Jay

03. Cannedmulder

04. Spectra

05. Vanz

06. USCG CWO

07. CA2OR

08. Stylaster

09. Impur

10. Madmike

11. Lancecobb1

12. Mikep503

13. Kilmca

14. Oregon Aqua

15. Fish

16. Byrd

17. Hoss

18. Snowpunk

19. Saltfinsax

20. Undrtkr_00

21. Quigley

22. Jkazmer

23. Beckie

24. Chief

25. MedRed

26. Reef165

27. Moovinfast

28. Downhill_Biker

29. Jason7504

30. Tanktop74

31. Justinb

32. mediocrereefer

33. Alarsuel

34. Pantherguy30

35. Grassi

36. Ryan

37. Cklskypilot

38. RLAforce

39. Lowman

If your name is not on this list by October 1st you will not be in this competition

Good luck to all that enter. Remember this is all for fun and education, worst case senario you will get a frag worth your $10 ($15 to non PNWMAS members) and partake in this event. Best case.....well I am sure you can guess.(clap)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be picking up the colony on Friday' date=' housing for 2 weeks or so then fragging, housing frags for 6 weeks to allow heal and such before competition starts to prevent experiencing the issues we had to start the previous competition.[/quote']

Just wondering. During the healing stage, some will grow polyps and some may not, how will you decide who gets what piece?

I will be updating list very shortly with those who have entered. Please put your PNWMAS Screen name in the message.

Vanz-just before the competition starts we will be reviewing all the frags....if some have more polyps then others we will scrape off additional polyps to make sure all frags are equal.

just before the competition starts we will be reviewing all the frags....if some have more polyps then others we will scrape off additional polyps to make sure all frags are equal.

I'm just wondering.....So wouldn't you be cutting them again? and would that make them susceptible to get sick just like this time around?

TE]

I'm just wondering.....So wouldn't you be cutting them again? and would that make them susceptible to get sick just like this time around?

No I don't think it will. I think it was the combo of the shock of being moved and handled a lot in the air and fragged all in the same day. Then on top of that most were bagged up and sent out less then an hour after all of that. I don't think just cutting one off will do anything to the rest of the frag.

We are going to be using a different frag method this time around which I am learning has far better results, and all frags will be on some sort of plug or disk(naughty). No, they wont be "cut" again. Well except the extra's I suppose(scratch). Anyway once mounted removal of extra polyps if need be should be too difficult or traumatizing. These frags will be far more cared for before sending out. Which is why we are doing a 6 week heal before dispensing program. They will be receiving dips and watched carefully(drooler). The goal is going to be to reduce the amount of complete frag loss. Shoot I might even be posting photo updates of the frags before shipping them out.

As we get a bit closer we will have to sort out the whole "who get's them for everyone else around them" person issue.

I have an idea, since this is a grow out contest, the total polyp count isn't necessarily important. What if, instead of cutting off extra polyps, we just take note of how many each person started with. That way if some of the frags end up with extras at the beginning, you don't have to stress them any more by cutting. Just note the total at the beginning, and then the total at the end. Who ever has the largest number of polyps minus the number that they started with wins. Just an idea to stress these animals as little as possible.