T5 Light Replacements ?

Vancop

How long are people geting out of their T5 lights ?? Mine are 48' 54 Watt .....Stock lights. I have been running them now for 8 months and was wondering when or how do I know when its time to replace them ??

And when its time ...what would be a good selection?? I have 4 white and 2 actenics ?

Thanks

I have a Nova Extreme Pro that came with curent stock bulbs and after like 4 or 6 months corals started to look like crap. I went and got good spendy bulbs and things are still looking great and I am heading into my 11 month on them now.

I think this is what I am running frount to back

ATI Blue +

GE 5500k Daylight

ATI Blue +

UVL Aquasun

ATI Blue +

Aquablue

This list was giveing to me by another reefer saying gives good color and good light, but this is a six bulb fixture as well.

Thanks for replies, I have the Nova extreme also, not much for corals yet, 8 months old...I have tried but they don't do to well. I am still dealing with a diatom issue and was wondering if maybe its the lights nearing the end of their lifespan. And yes...they are current brand. I run 10 hrs a day with Atenics on 12 hrs and moon lights all night.

They all look as bright as day one, I just can't get rid of the brown covering on my glass and equip. I do a 20% water change...wipe it all down...7-10 days its back. I can't clean the back glass very well so it builds up pretty good.

Just exploring a different area, as I was told the lights can cause algae issues also. I have gone the water chemistry route and after several months / paychecks I feel the chemistry is not the issue anymore...all parameters are great to perfect.