Xenia Filter

CA2OR

Im not 100% sure what kind it is. It is pinkish brown and has large thick branches when it grows out. It seems to grow faster than the whiter variety or the Pom Pom Xenia. I assume that since it grows faster, that it would suck up more nutrients in the process.

while on the topic of xenia how do you get it to grow on the glass? you cant glue it can you?

I glued my first and only frag on a peice of LR next to the glass and over time and alot of harvesting, virtually all of my Xenia is on the glass. It covers about a 9"x12" section of glass in the back.

picture.php?albumid=88&pictureid=480

It has grown quite a bit since this pic was taken.

• 2 weeks later...

How many months without a waterchange? You are supplementing the other elements? If you look at whats in the salt mixes we use you will see that there are many elements it adds to your tank. Makes me wonder if those things will need to be replaced???

HHHMM

Jay

Intresting post

I started with 5 stocks. I have probably 10 or so, I lost 5 or so when I moved tanks. I feed a bit more now....almost double since the food doesn't spread as well with the bigger tank. So I increased the food I put in to make sure everything and everyone get fed. Nitrate's still at 0 but I have only been in this tank for about 2 weeks. I will updated again in 2 weeks when I test again.