Reef Nutrition

racefan

I was looking at Reef Nutrition brand of bottled foods. Does anyone use these type foods? Are they really necessary? I do not have any SPS corals just softies.Anyway I was just wondering if this is something worth looking at or is it not really necessary? I currently feed a rotation of Mysis-Brine-Rods,although not Rods that often because my little clowns don't seem to particularly enjoy it.

I did not use RN for the first two years that I had a tank. I just bought a bottle of arctipods and a bottle of oyster eggs. My fish love the arctipods, and the corals all love the oyster eggs. I get great polyp extension from all my coral when I throw in some oyster eggs. The acans, candycane, lobos, and fungia all extend feeder tentacles. It looks like they are at the buffet strapping on the bib the way that they all come out and take food after a little bit of oyster egg.

I am going to try phytoplankton next.

I also have a small pack of Rod's Food (coral blend). The corals don't seem to actively seek out the food so much when I put in RF.

dsoz

I feed the tank Oyster Feast once every 10 days or so. corals seem to love it. I shut off all pumps in the tank, spot feed some corals - then the rest I drop in and let 'rain' down. About 15 minutes later I turn on the closed loop for about 15 seconds to stir it up then wait about 15 more minutes to re-start all pumps.

I feed the Oyster feast too but more like 4-5 times a week. I believe that some corals increase their growth rate when they are fed regularly.

I agree.....feed em alot. Isaak have you ever used kent coral excell? I have been useing it off and on for years. You can actually see the growth on the tips of your acropora the next day. Made my frogspawns split like crazy.....along with good water quality and all the rest that goes with keeping a healthy tank.

Try it. It works and doesnt cause any cyano or even a dusting on the glass.

Jay