Football 2009!!!!

impur

you know what' date=' I can't think of 2 other teams that would beat the ducks in the sec. I will say this, out of all of the teams in the pac 10, I think that oregon does have the most sec like play as far as defense goes. Honestly, being from the south and being an sec guy all my life, I just don't see the heart in the pac 10 that I do in the sec. That's just me though. The sec also has the most passionate fans. There have been many arrests involving domestic violence over the alabama auburn game[/quote']

Pretty much agree with you here.

Its gonna be a fun year. We get 7 homes games!! (rock2)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree about the passion, EXCEPT for Autzen (Ducks). A lot of teams cannot play heare because of the noise. I can hear the noise from miles away.

I swear, they must give away Crack as you enter the gates.

I always try to look for a schedule that will have the Sunshine Teams come up here and play in the rain and cold.(clap)

yo The sec also has the most passionate fans. There have been many arrests involving domestic violence over the alabama auburn game

Masoli and center Jordan Holmes are gonna be on the cover of SI.

Great, the SI curse

http://www.goducks.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=204772563

large_oregon-jermiah-masoli-jordan-holmes.jpg

(football)

Great this all Oregon needed!!! Get the kiss of death from SI!!! Remember the Simonton years for the Beavers? They get the cover and win like 5 games!!

Why O why did they put us on the cover?!?!?!?!?!

More Eastcoast bias!! (hehehehehe)

O God I think I'm going to be sick!!!! (puke)

Got this email this morning, gave me a laugh.

A conversation between Phil Knight and new Ducks coach Chip Kelly

PHIL

Chip? Would you come here for a moment, please?

CHIP

I'm sorry. I was late. I was having lunch.

PHIL

I need to talk about your flair.

CHIP

Really? I have 15 feathers on. I, uh, (shows him)

PHIL

Well, ok, 15 is minimum, ok?

CHIP

Ok.

PHIL

Now, it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare

minimum. Well, like Belotti, for example, had 37 pieces of flair. And a

terrific smile.

CHIP

Ok. Ok, you want me to wear more?

PHIL

Look. Chip.

CHIP

Yeah.

PHIL

People can play football anywhere, ok? They come to Oregon

for the atmosphere and the attitude. That's what the flair's about.

It's about fun.

CHIP

Ok. So, more then?

PHIL

Look, we want you to express yourself, ok? If you think the bare

minimum is enough, then ok. But some people choose to wear more and we

encourage that, ok? You do want to express yourself, don't you?

CHIP

Yeah. Yeah.

PHIL

Great. Great. That's all I ask.

CHIP

Ok.

Looks like one of the Rodents starting receivers is out 4 weeks. That can't be good with Rodgers returning from surgery. I know they were expecting a lot of out this guy, he was pretty consistent last year if i remember.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/pac10/0-11-89/OSU-WR-Catchings-out-four-weeks-with-hand-injury.html

Oregon State receiver Darrell Catchings will be out four weeks after breaking a bone in his right hand over the weekend, the school announced.

Catchings only caught seven passes last year, but the junior had an outstanding spring and was expected to be a centerpiece of the passing offense, which lost its two leading receivers from 2008, Sammie Stroughter and Shane Morales.

With Catchings out, true freshman Markus Wheaton, one of the stars thus far of preseason camp, will into Catchings' spot -- "X' receiver -- while Damola Adeniji will shift to "Z" behind James Rodgers.

Yah ouch thats tough. Looks like true freshman Marcus Wheaton will have to fill in. Thats always hard to rely on a true freshman right out of the gate. If i hear anything like "Wheaton's gonna score" in the Civil war i'm going to throw up.

I wonder if the beavs are going to run Quizz into the ground again this year? They don't really have a reliable backup and there is no way that little dude is going to be able to have 400+ carries again this year and not get hurt.

Other news is O'Dowd starting center for U$C is out with a dislocated kneecap.

HAHAHA look at this. Lame Kiffen says Bryce Brown is under investigation. NO WAY!!! Like no one saw that coming

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4408191&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4408191

"Sources told ESPN.com that the crux of the NCAA’s investigation revolves around Brown’s relationship with Brian Butler, who was Brown’s adviser/handler during his recruitment. Brown was one of several prospects that Butler mentored.

In particular, the NCAA is looking into some of the fundraising Brown accepted in high school to visit college campuses and what role Butler might have played.

"The NCAA continues to investigate [brown] and his whole history going back to when he was young, and I know that bothers him," Kiffin said. "It’s pretty unfortunate.""