Football 2009!!!!

impur

No you are right' date=' you did say that, but you went kinda overboard there. Shooting prostitutes? [/quote']

Well, obviously I wasn't being literal - I was making a point.

His punishment is one of the harshest i've ever come across in NCAA. I listed some above' date=' all 1 game.[/quote']

First, I agree with you. but that falls firmly in the category of "do two wrongs make a right". I wasn't making the point that the other sentences were fair, but this is too light.

My point is that ALL of these punishments are too light. E.g. Michael Vick shouldn't be playing football, IMO. He should have received a lifetime ban.

...giving him a chance at redemption

What redemption? So... being able to play football is somehow redeeming? He is going to make up for a criminal assault be scoring touchdowns? That pretty much makes my point.

Look up these beavs: Joe Rudolf' date=' Anthony Wheet, Whitfield Usher, Ryan Rainwater. They beat up a white US Guardsman because he was married to a black woman who they called a turncoat. Rudolph knocks him unconscious and gets 4th degree assault and resumes his career after 2 games. That should have been a season long suspension yah?[/quote']

Those guys should be in jail and should be kicked out of school - not just off the team. Wow - three black guys put a white guy in the hospital for marrying a black woman - I guess we've come a long way since the 60's.

I get your point, and I'm not saying you're wrong. I just wonder when (or if) we'll start holding people accountable for their actions, or if we'll just come out and officially say that if you're a sports star (or politician or famous director) than the laws don't apply to you.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, sorry to change the subject here but who was at last nights Ducks game? We we're and it was AWESOME. I was really mad that we missed last weeks game - especially when we drove over to the stadium to check out the action. I didn't think we'd see such a rout again this season....'til last night 52 - 6 (and we gave them that 6 (wife) GO DUCKS "go home cougars go home, go home cougars go home" (laugh)(whistle)(rock2) hehehehhehe.

We're both sooooo raspy this morning though from all the "O noise" :D

GO DUCKS.

Don't need to be sorry, this is just the football thread!! ;)

I was there it was a blast. I'm glad it didn't rain it was actually a great night for football.

Starters only played 2 quarters and they just looked awesome. No let down, just pure concentration and domination.

Beavs got their 1st win at ASU since 1969!!! Good job to them.

I was actually rooting for the Hussies to beat ND. Its was tough to do, and they lost. But oh well.

Masoli didn't practice today, was walking around with a stiff limp and ice on his knee. CK says he is in very good spirits [language filter]!!!! Uh, Dixon #2 anyone? This is not good, i think he really hurt that knee. Kaiser is on crutches, Barner isn't practicing because of a shoulder injury and Holland has a knee injury. Ugh, here come the injuries. At this pace the Ducks will be the shell of a team they were in 07 at the end of the year.

Mike its the Ducks.

ACL of course.

Its not called the "Duck" injury for nothin'!!

Postitive note, Nick Rowland commited to UO today!!! #3 OG in the nation according to Scout.com 6-4 300lbs can bench 365-pounds, squat 480 and claims a 24-inch vertical jump.

How's this for a starting line in a year or 2

LT Everett Benyard, 6’7" 326 lbs

LG Nick Rowland, 6’4" 300 lbs

C Hamani Stevens 6’4" 300 lbs

RG Carson York 6’5" 285 lbs

RT Derrion Weems, 6’5" 302 lbs

Another outstanding effort by the defense. Costa didnt do much but to be expected since it was his first start. lets just hope that masoli can get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Bright side for the bruins is that brehaut looked pretty sharp and should be the QB of the future for UCLA.

I wish Costa would have thrown the ball into the ground. It would only have been a safety. Did you watch the replay really close? If you can watch Costas eyes. As soon as he throws it he looks down to see if Ayers got his feet down. My biggest disappointment with Costa is his arm strength.... or the lack of it!

Beavers looked really good yesterday! But they are still a 2 horse team. Out of 450 of total offense the Rodgers had 420! If one of them gets shut down the Beavers are in trouble!

Ducks just might jump TCU after they barely beat Air Force ;)

Costa did fine just what they needed to win. Started shacky and that int was bad but pretty good for 1st start. 222 yards rushing fucla had 212 total. James is the real deal he has some moves!!

DuhCarolis is whining again. Shame on you Beavs!!

Where are all the Beaver fans??

De Carolis did not intend to call out Oregon State fans, but he came very close when discussing the school's inability to fill 45,674-seat Reser Stadium.

"I've never seen a state like this, where it's one or the other, you're a Duck or you're a Beaver," De Carolis said. "Well, if (OSU alumni) are so proud of that, why is it so hard to keep this thing going? We have a hell of a football product -- a hell of a football product -- and we can't sell out the stadium?"

"Where are all the Beaver fans?"

Oregon State is eighth in attendance in the Pac-10, averaging 41,922 fans. That's down from 44,930 in 2008.

I have the solution Beavers!!!!! I am here for you. Here we go. All the football players need to go out and sell their lunchpails. All of em, Lunchpail U needs to collect all the lunchpails and sell them....ebay, craigslist, classifieds. Use em! Then they can donate all that money back to the University. Problem solved!!

You are welcome :D

Or get these people to buy a ticket

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2009/10/tailgate_party_as_destination.html

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p