Football 2009!!!!

impur

Including bowl games, here are the win-loss records this decade for the six major college football conferences when playing against one another, through Saturday:

BCS CONFERENCE.........W.....L.......-WIN%

Pac-10.......................81....62......-.566

SEC...........................94....84......-.528

Big 12........................81....85......-.488

ACC...........................99....108....-.478

Big East......................77....84.....-.478

Big Ten.......................84....93.....-.475

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204488304574429300357094012.html

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going to be at the Arizona game this Saturday? Wife and I are driving down and would be happy to bring some beer to a tailgate party. Would have rather gone to see Cal, but Rainbowcorals is too lazy to get me Ducks tickets, all he scrounged up was Beavers :)

anyone see the polls? 16 in one and 25 in another? the usa today poll is a complete joke. cal gets ranked 19th and the ducks 25th. lol

oh well the polls are pretty much useless anyhow. Sad part is that the top 4 teams will get beat up on by each other and boise will win out with its pathetic remaining schedule and has a shot to sneak into either the NC game or at least a top bcs game. gotta love it

I want to know how the two polls can be so different.

16 in one and 24 in the other!! Usually there is NO MORE then a 3 spot difference at the most between polls.

California will be lower then the Ducks next week! I can't see them beating USC. Maybe they kept them that high so USC could beat a ranked team and move up even farther in the polls!

Bring on WSU! Looks like they might have found a couple of future stars up there in Pullman. The QB Tuel and the WR Simone are both true freshman and look like the real things. Still see Oregon winning by 2 scores!

Don't forget the Leavers haven't won at ASU since 1969.

Line on UO/WSU is 31.

Iowa just beat Penn St, yet PSU is still ranked higher. Houston beat Oklahoma St, OSU is ranked higher still. The coaches poll is a joke pure and simple.

I think they are afraid to put some of these "up and comer" teams very high until they do it for 6-7 weeks in a row!

But I agree with ya, coaches don't vote fairly. They vote for themselves,(which I understand), and then its all about conference ties so they get beat by better teams. The AP is the most fair, but thats still not perfect.

“After speaking with a number of nationally renowned professionals in the field, which included Dr. Harry Edwards and Tony Dungy, I came to the conclusion that leaving the door open for LeGarrette’s potential return as an active player was the best solution,” Kelly said.

“He has a rigid set of conditions he must live up to and there are certainly no guarantees in place. This merely provides him the opportunity for my reconsideration in the future should he meet those demands.”

Earliest he could return is Nov 7

Kinda had a feeling they might give him a shot!

It is totally up to him to meet all of the requirements that was set in front of him. And even if he completes them..... the PAC-10 has the inal word on his possible re-instatement.

I personally think the penalty that was handed down should stand.

But I do understand that they are also trying to help him get his life back on track alittle.

We will surely find out what kinda person he is, since it is all in his hands now.

Yah i'm on the fence. If he jumps thru all the hoops, I don't really have a problem with giving him another chance eventually. Its only gonna be 4 games. I mean he has his whole life in front of him and it would be a shame not to help him anyway the UO can.

That Michigan dude got 1 game. The Miami-FIU brawl where dudes were using helmets as weapons, the worst punishment was 1 game. Kermet Washington almost killed Rudy Tomjanovich and got 35% of the season suspension. Vick killed dogs and is back, Burress is convicted of manslaughter and gets 1 year. He killed someone!!!!!

None of this makes it right, but the punishment should fit the crime. I would have been fine with the whole year suspension, but i'm also fine with giving him the chance to come back.

I just hope that all the kids out there have learned this valuable lesson. Pay attentions kids.

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU'RE GOOD WITH A FOOTBALL/BASKETBALL/BASEBALL...

So, drink a case of bear and hop behind the wheel. You like those sneakers - steal 'em. Heck, go ahead and shoot that prostitute.

Just make sure you score that touchdown on Friday night.

Now you've learned the real lessons that high school / college is teaching you. Now, go take a nap while this kid takes your SAT for you.

Way to take it to the extreme Jason!!! I bet he is plotting to kill the president as we speak!!!

So how do you punish your kids when/if they get into a fight at school? Scary thought.

You add to it just as much as everyone else. Don't tell me you never bought a piece of collegiate/NFL/NBA/NHL memorabilia. Its all about the money and we all brought it to that point.

Oh, my argument is hyperbolic, I agree. But the bottom line is that as long as we accept bad behavior from out sports stars - and politicians - we will continue to receive bad behavior. And as a society, we have decided that we will accept a quarterback fighting/killing dogs as long as he can win football games. Just as we will accept a politician taking bribes or sleeping with interns as long a he's sits on our side of the isle.

And I'm on record in this thread as saying that I thought a 1-year suspension was a fair punishment. So don't make it out like I'm that extreme in my view on punishment.

Perhaps if this were a OSU player you would have a different position?

No you are right, you did say that, but you went kinda overboard there. Shooting prostitutes?

His punishment is one of the harshest i've ever come across in NCAA. I listed some above, all 1 game.

I think i'm pretty level headed about this whole situation. 1 year would have been fine with me, but giving him a chance at redemption seems better for everyone in the end. Remember he isn't back yet, just given strict conditions that would allow for his return.

Look up these beavs: Joe Rudolf, Anthony Wheet, Whitfield Usher, Ryan Rainwater. They beat up a white US Guardsman because he was married to a black woman who they called a turncoat. Rudolph knocks him unconscious and gets 4th degree assault and resumes his career after 2 games. That should have been a season long suspension yah?

I mean its tough cuz we all know how harsh it should be. But giong off past punishments, why does LG.B have to suffer the worst because all the others got off easy? Its one of those things where someone needs to draw the line, and everyone should be required to stay on one side of it.

Another thing i don't even know if i want him back playing. The team is gelling really well now, the running game is explosive and his return might mess it all up. Create friction. But at the same time i step back and know i've been in a situation like what he is going thru. I didn't knock someone out, but i got a DUI when i was young. I'm very thankful for the support I rec'd, the second chances i was given, and I think i became a better person for going thru it. I'd like to see him succeed. I hate seeing people cast aside for a mistake.