Football 2009!!!!

impur

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so we'll go back 10 years instead of 20 since that makes TCU look better i guess. We can contort stats in our favor pretty easily, but 20 years is a pretty common time span to use in order to figure out if a team is a flash in the pan wonder or overrated. Since 20 years makes TCU look overrated, lets look at 10 years.

2008 11 2

2007 8 5

2006 11 2

2005 11 1

Joined the Mountain West in 2005, was in Conference USA prior

2004 5 6

2003 11 2

2002 10 2

2001 6 6

Joined Conference USA in 2001, was in Western Athletic prior

2000 10 2

1999 8 4

Beat Vanderbilt (2-10) and Vanderbilt (2-9) from SEC

Beat Stanford (5-7), Stanford (4-8), Arizona (2-10), Southern California(8-5) Pac10

Beat Northwestern (6-6), Northwestern (3-9), Northwestern (8-4) Big10

Beat Baylor(3-9), Baylor (4-8), Texas Tech (8-5), Oklahoma (8-4), Iowa State (7-5) Iowa State(3-8) Big12

Lost Arizona(6-6), Northwestern(3-8), Texas Tech (8-4), Nebraska (11-2), Texas A&M (8-4)

5 wins over teams in BCS conferences with a .500 record or better in 10 years. Sorry it just doesn't do it for me. You can only play the teams on your schedule so schedule better. TCU had 2 years .500 or under and 2 above .500 IN CONFERENCE USA!!!!

These are the facts. I'm not trying to put TCU down, they are having a great year and are a great team. I think they should be in the MNC game. But i don't think they are as great as you do, and I think my opinion is represented similarly across the football landscape for the reasons i've pointed out.

Our two crappy years were major rebuild years and we were back at it very quickly. We've only had one bad year where we were supposed to be good and weren't due to two star player issues (we haven't gone to the revolve around a star strategy since). Football is about right now... and the trajectory of our program has been incredible in just 10 years time. when did those BCS team loses occur? I'm willing to bet we beat all of that after losing to them and not the other way around. TCU is a better team than anyone in the PAC 10. That's a fact.

Our two crappy years were major rebuild years and we were back at it very quickly. We've only had one bad year where we were supposed to be good and weren't due to two star player issues (we haven't gone to the revolve around a star strategy since). Football is about right now... and the trajectory of our program has been incredible in just 10 years time. when did those BCS team loses occur? I'm willing to bet we beat all of that after losing to them and not the other way around. TCU is a better team than anyone in the PAC 10. That's a fact.

Actually the facts are right there, losses and all. I'm sure there were extenuating circumstances, there always are when your team losses. All fans come up with stuff. I was purely looking at the numbers, which in the end is what this is all about.

However you cannot prove that TCU is better than anyone in the Pac 10. There are no numbers that back up your opinion. Well i guess there is this:

http://www.racarie.com/cftransitive/index.php?team=100

I may be one of the few who ccaught a couple TCU games this year. I believe they would have challenged for the pac-10 title this year. I am not going to say that they would have swept the league or anything like that but they are a very good team.

As for the PAC-10 being overrated, I think there are ALOT of overrated teams in ALOT of conferences. I wouldnt say that an entire conference is overrated though. PAC-10 had some quality teams this year (stanford, Arizona, Oregon). But did have some turds as well just like every other conference. SEC has a couple good teams in Florida and Alabama but plenty of cupcakes as well. Big-12 only had Texas and not much else and they never really put together a complete domination of any one opponent. Big-10 probably the closest thing yo could call to an overrated conference but still, Ohio st., Iowa, and Penn st. are decent teams capable of putting together a a complete game and beating anyone out there. I have alot of respect for the MWC teams in TCU, BYU, Utah, etc. They are capable of knocking off the so-called "big boys" any given saturday.

I believe there is alot of parity in college football right now and the talent level is spread pretty evenly around the country. Do we need a playoff? YES! Is it going to happen anytime soon? Unfortunately no.... So until 2012 at the earliest we might as well sit back and enjoy the games that are actually going to be played and not argue over hypotheticals. I remember wayyy too many duck fans complaining about missing out on the NC game a few years back and not enjoying the stomping of Colorado like they should have.

Good Luck TCU against Boise St. I think you guys should win it pretty easily if you come out and play a complete game and minimize any mistakes. Same for Oregon. Should beat Ohio St. if they come out and are consistent on offense and minimize turnovers.

Whats up with the Pac-10 teams in bowl games this year!?!?!

They act like they don't care.

OSU, CAL, and UA all looked horrid!!!

USC looked so-so and UCLA took over a half to get started. And I thought they were the team that was most likely to lose their game.

Sitting at 2-3 with 2 to play.

So much for having a good bowl record this year.

Last years 5-0 seems forever ago.

Eh, doesn't matter really. Sure its nice to see the conf do good in bowl games, but it doesn't really carry any weight further than discussion boards. Pac10 was 5-0 last year and it didn't do anything for us this year. We could finish 0-7 this year and it wouldn't effect next year. I can't say i was sad to see the beavs get handed their lunch. Same with UA.

All i care about is the Ducks winning the Rose bowl and Bama losing the MNC.

My thoughts exactly!!!

With 7 Pac-10 teams in bowls we should win 5 easily!!

2-4... not looking so hot (laugh)

You were shooting for a C-, D+ average but are sitting at a 33% which is squarely in the F(ail) terriotory (laugh)

Stanford lost to a team beaten by BYU. The very same BYU that TCU dismantled at BYU on their homecoming in a grudge conference game.

MWC 4-0

All that stands in the way of Bowl perfection is TCU needing to beat Boise. Perfect season for TCU and for MWC bowls. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

Sorry Oregon and pac10 fans. Maybe you can live a successful season through tcu and the mwc

Hell no go Boise state(laugh) I know they beat the Ucks but they are closer than TCU. Although when I was younger I did like the fact they were called the hornedfrogs(laugh)

Sorry Oregon and pac10 fans. Maybe you can live a successful season through tcu and the mwc

No thanks. Being in a BCS conference, winning the Pac10 and finishing 10-3 is a successful season. Thanks for the offer though.

I'm rooting for BSU simply because of the way TCU fans have been acting. Since the season ended, TCU jumped BSU for the worst fans IMO. Not calling you out MedRed, its on other boards.

Must be small mans syndrome or something, its unreal.

MEDRED

I do not know you, but you are showing that you are in Portland Oregon under your avatar, and you dislike both Ducks and Beavs. You should keep this kind of opinion to yourself no matter how happy it makes you, because you are living where this kind of opinion out loud might get you in trouble. And that is only my opinion.

I do not know you' date=' but you are showing that you are in Portland Oregon under your avatar, and you dislike both Ducks and Beavs. You should keep this kind of opinion to yourself no matter how happy it makes you, because you are living where this kind of opinion out loud might get you in trouble. And that is only my opinion.[/quote']

Lmao. Am I supposed to take this post seriously?