Football 2009!!!!

impur

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading some of these articles that are coming out this week about the past weekends games. Almost all of them are calling for Oregon to come out and lose at Stanturd this weekend. Saying the rebound week is the toughest week in CFB and since Stanturd runs a ground control offense they are going to keep Oregon's offense off the field and win.

On the other hand all the articles are also saying they feel sorry for the rest of the Trojan's competition for the rest of the year. The Trojan's are going to be pissed and focuses the rest of the year and lay a whooping on every team.

Good stuff.

I don't know whats going to happen but I would think that if the team was going to slip up and come out flat...... it would have been the second game of the year! Coming off all of the LB fiasco would have been the time I was worried about.

CK seems to have them very focused on the next game and nothing further down the road. Hope CK continues to press all the right buttons and keeps the train rolling along!!!

GO DUCKS!!!!

Stanford may have a ground control offense but it requires them to get 1st downs rushing the ball against an oregon D very good against the run. I see oregon actually controlling hte pace of the game. If they execute the way they did against USC theres nobody that can hang with them the rest of the way.

AS for jumping Boise, it WILL happen if the ducks win out. wont matter thogh because if the ducks win out they are headed for the rose bowl. And unless theres a few upsets at the top (more than a couple) then it looks like the ducks will get to lay a whoopin on a patsy big 10 team this year. Iowa is overrated. how do you give up 5 INT's against indiana? and still win the game? LOL.

I wouldnt mind seeing iowa fall flat on thier faces and lets bring boise to the rose bowl for a rematch. wouldnt be pretty this time I believe. Oregon week 1 and Oregon now is two different teams obviously.

I thought this was pretty interesting

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2009/11/voters_speak_boise_state_vs_or.html

Hunt interviewed a bunch of AP poll voters about voting Oregon over BJC. 4 said they would do it, 5 said they probably would, 1 wasn't sure, 6 said probably not, and 15 said no they would not vote Oregon over BJC if both win out.

What i find interesting is all 15 of those guys that said they would not vote Oregon over BJC had Cal ranked over Oregon after the Ducks beat Cal 42-3. They also voted PSU over Iowa after Iowa beat them, and had OSU ranked ahead of Houston after Houston won that head to head.

Hypocrisy at its best!

wow....well....alliotti's D always has at least 1 [language filter] game a year. was kinda hoping it wouldnt happen this year. secondary got exposed badly every time the D loaded up on the run. I think the injuries to thurmond and the secondary finally caught up with the ducks today. valiant effort to get back into the game. Now its time to refocus and win out the rest of the year and still end up winning the pac 10 and going to the rose bowl. which is where they were probably going even if they win against the stanturd.

im happy that tcu won. but SDSU....whoop de doooo.....lol. still alot of football left to be played and I dont think either tcu or bsu will be playing in the BCS championship game without a couple more upsets. still too much SEC bias among voters. Texas looks like a safe bet tho. still rolling along. And actually looking forward to Stanford putting a smackdown on notre dame and helping charlie "butterball" weis get his walking papers. hehehe

im happy that tcu won. but SDSU....whoop de doooo.....lol. still alot of football left to be played and I dont think either tcu or bsu will be playing in the BCS championship game without a couple more upsets. still too much SEC bias among voters. Texas looks like a safe bet tho. still rolling along. And actually looking forward to Stanford putting a smackdown on notre dame and helping charlie "butterball" weis get his walking papers. hehehe

It is a big whoop de doooo... but we really needed to show some style points to keep BSU behind us in the polls. BSU has 13 games this season and we only have 12... don't want those ponies passing us.

Us non BCS conference teams don't think in terms of "undefeated means a shot at the national championship." We think in terms of just getting a BCS bowl game. That's all we want. I think it's virtually impossible for a non bcs team to get a crack at the national championship.