Football 2009!!!!

impur

Well fall camp begins this week and the 1st game is 30 days from today!!!!!!

Here is how the media has picked the Pac10 this year

1. USC (28)... 316

2. California (3)... 277

3. Oregon (1)... 250

4. Oregon State... 216

5. Arizona State... 155

6. Stanford... 150

7. UCLA... 145

8. Arizona... 142

9. Washington... 74

10. Washington State... 35

OSewe is finally getting props at the start of the season. Lets see if they can start fast for once.

Ducks could be poised for a special season. The schedule sets up perfectly for a run at U$C. But the first 4 games are pretty brutal, starting with a night game on the smurf turf of BSU to start the season off.

Its gonna be fun!!!!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah pet names for little brother. They have just as many for UO though (laugh)

How do you think Florida will handle that daunting OOC schedule? Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International are big dogs for the defending BCS Champs!!!

Yah pet names for little brother. They have just as many for UO though (laugh)

How do you think Florida will handle that daunting OOC schedule? Charleston Southern, Troy, and Florida International are big dogs for the defending BCS Champs!!!

Don't get me started on their schedule. I love my team but I personally *gulp* hope they don't go for the title just because of this scheduling. I do believe they are the best team in the nation and this is a huge insult. That's about as far as I wanna go with that.=)(flame)(flame)(flame)

Yah disappointing. I like to see the best teams play real competition. I hope someone in the SEC can give them a run for their money. We'll see. At least its Tebow's last year, dude is just an unreal talent.

Masoli was named to the Davey O'Brien watch list for the best QB in the country a few days ago.

Today LaGarrette Blount was named to the Doak Walker watch list for the country's best RB.

Looks like Best from Cal and Quizz from Rodent U were named as well. Pac 10 represent!!! (rock2)

USA Today coaches poll is out

1. Florida (53) 0-0 1,466

2. Texas (4) 0-0 1,386

3. Oklahoma (1) 0-0 1,358

4. USC (1) 0-0 1,321

5. Alabama 0-0 1,134

6. Ohio State 0-0 1,126

7. Virginia Tech 0-0 1,020

8. Penn State 0-0 988

9. LSU 0-0 917

10. Mississippi 0-0 889

11. Oklahoma State 0-0 861

12. California 0-0 711

13. Georgia 0-0 707

14. Oregon 0-0 694

15. Georgia Tech 0-0 559

16. Boise State 0-0 542

17. TCU 0-0 461

18. Utah 0-0 404

19. Florida State 0-0 371

20. North Carolina 0-0 293

21. Iowa 0-0 257

22. Nebraska 0-0 236

23. Notre Dame 0-0 194

24. Brigham Young 0-0 178

25. Oregon State 0-0 165

Yah, i really wish they would have never taken SOS out of the BCS equation. Thats why SEC teams are always up there.

OSewe getting some preseason respect finally. Now lets see if they can get off to a fast start for once. PSU will be a walk in the park but Cinci might be a tough game.

I gotta disagree. Do you honestly think the Ducks would finish 6th or lower in the SEC? I mean LSU didn't even finish the season in the top 25 and there they are at 9. So they really improved more than 16 spots in the offseason, while Oregon is now 5 spots worse than they were last year? Come on. Not to mention LSU plays Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulane, and Louisiana Tech all at home. How can we tell how good they are if they play high school teams all at home? They don't even travel across a state for an away game. 7-5 in the reg season last year and now they are the 9th best team in the nation??? There is nothing you can say to make me believe that.

Alabama - exposed by a MWC team i their bowl. Florida International, N Texas, Chatanooga all at home. All high school teams

Mississippi - 8-5 last year. Now there are only 9 teams better than them? Southeastern Louisiana, UAB, N Arizona. All high school teams, all at home.

See a pattern?

Automatic 3-4 wins for every single SEC team due to playing high school teams all at home, then beat up who? Vanderbilt? Kentucky? Arkansas? South Carolina? Mississippi? Tennessee? None of those teams would finish in the top half of the Pac10. Thats half the conference. And then they get to skip half of them, so you get 1 or 2 hard games and 9-10 patsies.

* The Pac-10 has a winning record vs. every BCS conference since 2000. Yes, even that one down yonder.

* The Pac-10 is 9-2 in BCS bowls since 2000.

* The Pac-10 has the highest all-time bowl game winning percentage of all FBS conferences.

Moreover, as for this season, of the automatic qualifying BCS conferences:

* The Pac-10 has the most teams -- six -- without any FCS (I-AA) opponents.

* The Pac-10 plays the lowest percentage (13 percent) of nonconference games against FCS foes.

* The Pac-10 plays the highest percentage of nonconference games (50 percent) games BCS opponents.

I do think that the ducks would finish 6th or worse in the sec. Defense wins championships and until the ducks can show one............ wait' date=' i better be nice to you, you got my yumas[/quote']

We are just talking football man its all good. You have your opinions, i have mine. Its what makes this the best time of year!!! And i'm bored at work.

So tell me who you think would beat the Ducks?

Florida

Alabama

Georgia - big maybe

LSU - big maybe

What other 2 teams would beat the Ducks?

Ok i was checking out defensive stats for last year.

Oregon allowed 4.9 yards per play

Florida - 4.46

Alabama - 4.3

LSU - 5.00

Georgia - 4.97

Miss St - 5.12

Miss - 4.71

UT - 4.07

Arkansas - 5.57

UK - 5.17

Auburn - 4.91

I didn't bother with the other cellar dwellers.

So 4 teams allowed less yards per play last year than the Ducks. Not so shabby IMO

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

you know what, I can't think of 2 other teams that would beat the ducks in the sec. I will say this, out of all of the teams in the pac 10, I think that oregon does have the most sec like play as far as defense goes. Honestly, being from the south and being an sec guy all my life, I just don't see the heart in the pac 10 that I do in the sec. That's just me though. The sec also has the most passionate fans. There have been many arrests involving domestic violence over the alabama auburn game

Gonna be a great pac-10 season, and if the Ducks make it through the first game they could be on to something special. SEC is definitely overrated, but I cant argue Florida being #1. All I can say is they better beat all of those patsy teams by like 50 or they could get trumped by teams actually playing real competition. It wont happen, because the halo-ed one Tebow will always get it done, I just wish there was something to hate on him for...outside of what his career might be after college.

good season ahead, and I have $$ on the line if any OSewe people want to bet this year!!