Aug 1st photo updates

Ha...mine died shortly after getting them. a couple polyps held on for a about a week then gave up. Coral grow comp sounded like a good idea but its really hard to make everyone start out with the same health corals. I cant help but feel like I waste the money. I was looking at it like at least I would be getting a coral for 15 bucks that was delivered to my door. Sounded good at the time : ) but wont partake again. How many colonys are still alive? Whos winning ?

Jay

Dunno who is winning but you are already entered into the next one so don't feel like it was such a loss. So far I know of you and Spectra. I know there were more but I can't recall who they were. I started a thread, thanks to your post <- not meant sarcastic you reminded me, to get all who are in your situation to post in.

Dunno who is winning but you are already entered into the next one so don't feel like it was such a loss.

Ok..I will try again..

I think another contest that last a year would be cool. Everyone start with a 2 inch nice healthy frag of a aquacultured hardy variety of SPS coral. Start on christmas and go till next christmas. Everyone buys a coral for 25 bucks then who can grow the nicest colony in a year gets all the money except what was needed to buy the parent colony.

Make the starting frag worth the 25 bucks. Mabey get someone to donate the parent colony. A lfs so everyone can go pick out their frag while patronizing the lfs.

I like the sps corals better can you tell?

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my frag as of today. There are also six 1/2 size polyps arround the edges that are hiding very well.

3860084761_6050f1d305.jpg

Here is a pic with the polyps closed up to get an idea...

3860093809_cc5e1c0f7c.jpg

By the next photo update, the babies should be full sized!