!!!..ITS HOT...!!!

Smann

So what is evryone doing to keep things under control? we have AC in the house but its reaching 82 inside, I covered all the windows and skylights this morning and that helped alot

My chiller is running twice an hour for about 10-15 min keeping the temp below 80. I turned off the pump to my auto water change because the drum outside is over 90. I only ran my VHO's today no MH

The prop tanks in the garage are holding at 81 with the doors closed and a 20" fan blowing on them. the fan is hooked to my old thermostat from my chiller and hasnt shut off, maybe late at night but this morning it was still running

I changed the timer on my lights so they came on at about 4 and off at about 9 this morning. While they were on I opened the hoods and used a pedestal fan to keep air moving through them. Once they shut off I used the pedestal on the larger one. By 6 PM the 85 gallon was still at 78 and the 40 was at 81. I grabbed the second pedestal and directed it at the 40 from then until now. Current temps are 78 and 79.5 so I think it made it through the day pretty well. My AC is starting to catch up (At 78 now) and by morning should be down to about 75. (I did turn it down a little this morning to get a head start to hold the temp lower through the day)

I've had to run a window ac unit downstair for about 4 hours each day the last two days. Tank temp is at 80 and the basement temp is at 72. Upstairs it's about 85, the last two days i've been downstairs a lot. Thank goodness for the basement. That's where we are sleeping too.

I love my basement!

Temps down there are in the low 80's to high 70's, even with the window open to help control humidity. I think my tank even had the heater kick on yesterday. LOL

We, too, have been sleeping in the basement.

dsoz

I have no AC.

I have a fan blowing across the top of each tank. I am also rotating gatorade bottles filled with frozen salt water.

Lights come on at 9pm.

If the tank gets above 80F today, I might extend the airintake line from the skimmer and run it through an ice chest.

Last resort for me is taking off the canopy and laying 20" box fans on top of the tank blowing down.

But so far so good. I did evaporate about 4x my normal amount yesterday, but all of the tank inhabitants are happy.

I have my tank set up in my family room in the basement. I have central air that has been keeping the house at 74, but since the tank is in the basement its about 68 down there, so I actually had to turn on my tanks heater because the tank was getting down to 70! I have left the lights at same setting, this morning temps were 74 in the tank!

My god its freakin cookin out there. We went to sears last year and got the biggest window ac unit they had thank god. A freind of mine stopped by to say hi. He doesnt drive and was walking. 2 blocks away and he was drenched when he got here. He stayed about an hour then left for the bus stop. He has no ac in his house and he was going to go ride the air conditioned busses around town to stay cool. Said he was gonna stop somewhere and get chinese food. Asked me if I wanted to go and he would buy but chinese food just sounded horrible and I wasnt gonna step foot outside. The ac has been running 24-7 but is keeping it at around 70. I have just the vho actinics on today with all the doors open on the stand and hood. water temp hit 83 yesterday but thats not criticle yet. Its at 80 now....as long as the ac keeps truckin Im not stressing but I have ice blocks that will fit my sump if needed.

Stay cool peeps

Jay

I love my basement!

Temps down there are in the low 80's to high 70's, even with the window open to help control humidity. I think my tank even had the heater kick on yesterday. LOL

We, too, have been sleeping in the basement.

dsoz

I grew in a house with a basement over in SE Portland boy do I miss those days. No AC in the house just head for the basement when it got hot.

We have AC but the tank still got to 83+ Going to freeze some water. put it in the bath tup, and get in with them!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea I'll put one in the tank to. I put a mister next to the AC. It helps cool the air it sucks into it to keep the temp down

Whoops, I was too effective at cooling today. (I left one of the pedestal fans running on it this morning) One of my tanks was down to 74. A bit low I think considering it was around 80 yesterday. The other one is pretty steady around 78.

105 here in Beaverton right now. ouch!

We have AC units running and the house stays fairly cool. we blew a circut yesterday and the main AC stopped for an hour or two before we caught it and my chiller did run for a few hours. Today the chiller has not turned on and temps are looking good.

Ac in the house:D and it stays at 78 with this heat it works for me. As for the tank it has a chiller and stays at 76 to 78 all day long.

Good luck to those of you with no ac I wish you luck. After having it for 10 yrs now I could not live without it even here in the northwest. I was at a local Home Depot today and there were about 100 people:eek: waiting for a truck that had ac units on it. They were handing out numbers for people to get in line and a lady told me some were there at 10 am I was there at 3:30DOH! What is it when the heat comes people decide hey I need ac or a fan(scratch)(plotting)

My house is always 71, thank god. Thermometer on the back porch reads 109. The pool was 96 yesterday, not refreshing at all. Didnt even bother to look today. Since I put a few fans on my tank it stays between 78 and 80.

Im ready for next week already.

I have window units. Keeps the house around 76. I have cut light time and keeping the doors open. Start out o.k. but get up to 82 nightly before it starts to drop. Things are looking tired but I'm starting to hope it can hold on.

Beckie

No Ac and no chiller so I have got the egg crate off and fan blowing on top and lights cut way back. I have been useing ice bottles and my hobbo chiller (styrofome box with about 20 feet of plastic tubing and a small power head moving water through it). Water hasent got much past 80 at all but its getting old putting a bag of ice in the chiller every couple hours.

That hobo chiller is a good idea. I dunno what I'd do without the AC window units. We have just a couple of rooms with them, and the rest of the house was ridiculously hot yesterday. The front room was about 89 at 8 o'clock last night, so my tank would have been toast even with all the fans in the world. The window unit has kept the tank room A-OK, but I have added ice bottles here and there. Thank God the heat wave is passing. Never thought I'd be glad to see the temp drop all the way down to 95! I am longing for October...