Jays Mixed Reef Tank

Jay

Its a 55 gallon tank. I have 4 110 watt VHO bulbs lighting it. Wavemaster Pro with a few maxijets and 1 Seio 820 for circulation. I have a Remora Pro skimmer, A 20 gallon long refugium that I DIY to save some coin. Lets see....DSB with about 70 pounds liverock.

Heres some pictures.

post-199-1418677652_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867765204_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867765208_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867765211_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
You gotta hurry up and make with a full tank picture!

That is one sweet looking tank!

wouldnt mind seein' the SPS tank either!

Ask and you shall receive. This was taken a couple weeks ago. Im havind issues with my SPS tank at the moment. Slight brown-out that Im not happy about at all so I will hold those pics for now....but heres a full taks shot of my mixed reef and yes some of those LPS corals are touching but Im running out of room for them. I will probably end up fragging that Hammer and FrogSpawn again. My cousin Sherry loves it when I do. I got her into reef tanks around Xmas last year. She lives up in Lakeoswego and I am going there for Turkey Day. Mabey I will bring her LPS fraggs instead of a bottle of reisling :p

Jay

Tank_Shot_175.jpg

Ok ....heres a old picture of both my tanks last year before I moved back to Vancouver from Moses Lake Wa. I know its kinda a messy room but hey...what can I say. Full time work and 3 reef tanks to taks care of was a lot of work for me...That pic is May 2005.

Jay

Picture_001h.jpg

Ok ....heres a old picture of both my tanks last year before I moved back to Vancouver from Moses Lake Wa. I know its kinda a messy room but hey...what can I say. Full time work and 3 reef tanks to taks care of was a lot of work for me...That pic is May 2005.

Jay

Picture_001h.jpg

Great tank pic's but that wiring scares the bagggggeeeeebbbaaasssss out of me!!! You may want to take a zip tie arount the top transformer and the strip, so it doesn't fall out :)

Great tank pic's but that wiring scares the bagggggeeeeebbbaaasssss out of me!!! You may want to take a zip tie arount the top transformer and the strip' date=' so it doesn't fall out :)[/quote']

You haven't seen anything! He's probably the only one daring enough to share their electrical habits. Either that, or he forgot to photoshop it out :).

Hey.....thats pretty funny....what can I say. It was a rental with not very many outlets. At least I got most of it off the floor so there is a drip loop there hehehehhe. You will be happy to know that I have bucked up and installed ground fault circuts in the house Im at now. I did replace the batteries in my smoke detector this fall when I changed the clocks bach....GRIN..: P Am I off the hook now??

Jay

I honestly did have 2 of the strips mounted high so water did not travel the cords to the powerstrip.

Nice Jay.... You shoulda invited me over. I woulda brought all the kiddies to test out the GFCI. LOL

I had the electrician test it just b4 I paid him when he installed it, but one cant be to sure. Is that how you test yours?tsktsktsk you should be ashamed.(nono) hehehe

A few more pictures

Jay

Conch.jpg

Sinulariatang.jpg

I bet someone here has done the same thing with their wireing. Anyone?

Jay

I'm pleading the 5th and 6th on that one :) for TV, PC's and tanks! Now when it comes to putting up Xmas lights tomorrow or the next, it's not so easy to hide....a few electricians in the family just cringe when they see what I've done...and one even helped me put in my extra circuits :)(nono)

I'm pleading the 5th and 6th on that one :) for TV' date=' PC's and tanks! Now when it comes to putting up Xmas lights tomorrow or the next, it's not so easy to hide....a few electricians in the family just cringe when they see what I've done...and one even helped me put in my extra circuits :)(nono)[/quote']

Ronjunior you have one of my favorite quotes: "my wiring. its amazing. with a healthy dose of danger." I laugh every time I read that.

And Jay this is the prettiest 55g tank I've seen. It looks like a candidate for TOTM @ RC to me. I guess it has to be all SPS for that though :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Ronjunior you have one of my favorite quotes: "my wiring. its amazing. with a healthy dose of danger." I laugh every time I read that.

And Jay this is the prettiest 55g tank I've seen. It looks like a candidate for TOTM @ RC to me. I guess it has to be all SPS for that though :rolleyes:

Thanks Superjonny. Its been a great time growing those corals. Really enjoy it. As for Reefcentral haveing to have a sps tank to get tank of the month....well if thats how they are then Im not even intrested:p Ive never been one to follow other peoples ways too much. Just kinda do my own thing and if thats good enough then great......kinda a goofy bunch. Reminds me of Flyfishermen and people who throw eggs or sandshrimp for steelhead.While the flyfishers look down their nose. I say hey lets catch a fish and have fun.....can anyone else relate?:o

Jay

:USA:

Its been a great time growing those corals. Really enjoy it.... I say hey lets catch a fish and have fun.....can anyone else relate?:o :

You nailed it on the head right there! You do what you enjoy otherwise you wouldn't do it at all. I've seen all sorts of tanks online with so much variety and almost all are great in their own respect. Even though I'm not a big fan of a bare tank with a little rock in the corner and a single fish, it doesn't mean its not someone else's pride and joy! If they posted a picture of it online, they must be proud! Same goes for gardening as well. I live in a neighborhood where some people despise a lady’s hodgepodge English Garden yard, whereas I’m just glad to see something different in our neighborhood other than the builders’ cookie cutter landscaping job.

I too love to flyfish, but I always bring my other poles, lures and worms as well!