New RO/DI advise ?

Vancop

Just installed the new Extreme Typhoon III 5 stage ( AWI ) setup last night.....it has the inline TDS that reads the before and after. The system seems to be operating ok....a little slower producing then I had antisipated for a 150GPD system, but the instructions say to give it 3 days to adjust.

I know that temp and pressure make a difference as well but curently geting 2.5 gallons an hour ?? 60 degrees water in and pressure at 35-40lbs.

And the TDS meter is stating that the before TDS is 002 and the after is 000, where the new portable TDS meter is stating the water in is 60 and water out is 000 ( waste is 70 ).

Should I just give it 3 days?? I am currently making water for a WC so it is running full on at the moment. I did the required 10 min flush prior to collecting pure water. I tested the silicates out and it comes clean...haven't tested the PO4 yet. Thus far I would say the system itself was a snap to install....even for the feeble minded aquarist !!

I'm not famililar with that unit but i believe mine says min 60psi in to get the proper flow. Even at that I bought a kit to go from a 30gpd to 75 gpd and it only makes about 40 gal in 24 hrs. Tds reads about the same as mine. I dont think you can test Ro/Di water with saltwater test kits (I may be wrong) I would mix up some salt water then test that, but you will find that its zero with a unit like that so just filler up and enjoy :D

Thanks for the information .....I guess the only important TDS side is the exit....so thats the one to watch !! Just don't make since that the Inlet side don't register correct...I thought maybe they plumbed it in wrong somewere. I traced the lines and it looks line its reading after the first two filters....just don't make sense to advertise a dual and it not read correctly. The outlet TDS is directly on the exit ....andthe inlet TDS is mid way ??

Thanks Mike ...I was thinking that and the colder water was the issue .....you think the booster will save on the wasted water....and electricity bill ?? sure alot of water going past or is it the same amount of waste....just slower ?

Got 30 gallons warming up and salted !! thatwill take care of the 125...and will start 30 more gallons for the 90 tomorrow .....I hope in a month I will be able to start propagating some corals!! I fugure a few more WC each should get things turned around FINALLY!!

If you set it up outside you can use the waste water to water plants or garden the water is fine just dont create any back pressure. I use the 1/4" black tubing and fittings to water hanging baskets, tomatoes then it terminates in the swimming pool!