Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Kilmca's 400 gallon tank

I once again had the great fortune to see the 400 gallon tank Calvin has. It is definately worth seeing. Knowing I would get a chance to see it again yesterday I took my camera along and grabbed a few pictures. Keep in mind this tank is a whopping 10 foot long so it isn't easy to get a full tank shot. The first one here is as close as I was able to get by shooting it at an angle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5297&stc=1&d=1248440101

attachment.php?attachmentid=5298&stc=1&d=1248440101

attachment.php?attachmentid=5299&stc=1&d=1248440101

attachment.php?attachmentid=5300&stc=1&d=1248440101

post-5811-141867777497_thumb.jpg

post-5811-1418677775_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867777503_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867777507_thumb.jpg

Thanks for taking the pictures Rick and i hope the frag of elephant skin does well for you.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments. The tank has come a long way since the meeting and I've been really happy with the skimmer so far.

Is that elephant skin in the last pic?

Clay

It sure is. A beautiful coral. I hope the piece I have does well.

I count myself extremely lucky. He said he seldom ever cuts it. There just happened to be a spot where one of the ridges was growing over the top that he was able to cut a small piece off.

Yea it is even nicer in person. The ridges and the way it flowingly grows. Very beautiful coral. (side note) I need a bigger tank to house more coral!

I was lucky enough to be over at Calvin's the other week and I agree - Amazing tank! He has done a great job of building into the wall and it looks very professional!

Thanks for letting me see your tank last night. My gf loved it too, she said it was the best tank she's seen in a person's home. Can't wait for everything to grow and fill out.

The pieces I got from you are settled in. How's that acro doing so far? So far mine hasn't gotten any worse, but it's too early to tell. Hopefully it doesn't spread. It's a great looking piece if it survives.

It sure is. A beautiful coral. I hope the piece I have does well.

You got a piece Rick.....lucky dog. Calvin that tank is awesome. I am gonna replace my 120 one of these days with a bigger peninsula type tank. Seeing your big boy makes me want to hurry and save the moneys.

Jay

Where does he live Rick? I wanna go next time you go. (note to self...bring trade fraggs)...hehehe

Jay

Jay, he lives in Oregon City, about 6 blocks from me. I love going over and watching his tank. :)

I think it is really neat that I have 2 (soon to be 3) other reefers all within 3 blocks of my house.

dsoz

Jay' date=' he lives in Oregon City, about 6 blocks from me. I love going over and watching his tank. :)dsoz[/quote']

Thanks everyone for the compliments. You're welcome to come check out the tank whenever I'm home. Just send me a pm. I'm currently unemployed so I'm home a lot.

I think it is really neat that I have 2 (soon to be 3) other reefers all within 3 blocks of my house.

dsoz

Who will be the third within 3 blocks of you/us?

Wegotjs is going to be moving one block over (Logus St.) and one block down from me (other side of Warren St.), in between Brian and my house.

I think he will be moving in about the middle of this month.

d

OC keeps growing! now if we could just get a good reef shop

put the emphasis on "good" because there are two here already.

d

That is what I meant "good" I talked to the guy at the aquarium about being a supporting vendor and trying to post some product cuz he was complaining to me about not getting sales and he acted like the idea was stupid or something.