Grassi's 65g

grassi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just added a FTS. Some corals are taking off, like the setosa on the right top side, the caps and all the torts, especially the one in the middle. Adding more water in the system seemed to help, while the giant clam is probably slowing down the calcification process a bit. Colors and polyps extension are good too :)

I just can't clean the glass anymore in some spots without "fragging" some sps

Today cleaning ended up with a birdnest frag of about 3 inches round :(

I need a bigger tank, but I can't... it is gonna be difficult to move all the tanks I have right now, I can't imagine a bigger display.

Before or later I'm gonna upgrade, and I have some dimensions in my mind already ;)

what kinda dims, because I think I recall a certain room or wall that would work perfect.

How about 6-8 feet long, 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall-rough dims of course-(laugh)

or maybe the one wall where the ric tank and "frag table" are currently. You could go roughly 18 feet long and 3 feet wide and that way you could keep it to only 2 feet tall-(whistle)

Of course it would need to be assembled/built in the room, but thats ok-;)

Send Charles a PM, maybe he does house calls.

what kinda dims, because I think I recall a certain room or wall that would work perfect.

How about 6-8 feet long, 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall-rough dims of course-(laugh)

or maybe the one wall where the ric tank and "frag table" are currently. You could go roughly 18 feet long and 3 feet wide and that way you could keep it to only 2 feet tall-(whistle)

Of course it would need to be assembled/built in the room, but thats ok-;)

Send Charles a PM, maybe he does house calls.

i know a good contractor that could lift his house for him if he needs more room in his basement.

I'm renting, so there is no way to lift the house or set up a swimming pool sized tank in the basement.

I like the 60*48*20 (or 22) peninsula rimless. Don't tell me is too big for a rimless http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1854516 ;)

Shame I don't have the room right now... I'm in the process of selling one of my motorbikes and it was the perfect extra cash for the project (sad)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Hozer!

Time to some equipment upgrade to suit the system growth :)

I'm on the market for a new skimmer. The NAC6 did a great job and is still pulling out stuff, but it is just too small.

So the models I'm considering are:

ATB 1050A

Super Reef Octopus Xp 3000 ext

Hurricone cat 2 ext

I-tech 400

SWC Xtreme Cone Protein Skimmer 250 1A

The SRO is in first position right now, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Also the new Coralvue 250SE pendant, radium bulb and galaxi ballast are on their way.

Last, but not least, I need a dosing controller to try the Blue Coral or Brogri method. I opted for the Bubble Magus 3 pump unit.

Lots of frags for sale soon lol