Powerheads?

tanktop74

I have two 1200 maxi heads in my 55 gallon tank.... they came with the tank. To me they seem too strong for some of my softies, my mushrooms don't seem to like it much.

What would you all recommend as far as powerheads for this size tank?

And what are you thoughts on the Koralia brand, are they more gentle but still provide adequate flow?

Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated!

Beth

I would get the ( um drawing a blank here! ) doc foster and smith sells them, it basicaly makes them a hole lot better! oh man! I cant beleave I cant think of what they are called! but the package costs abought $10 per powerhead and you add it to them to increase the water movement but also disperses it so its not a stream but a wide flow.

I would get the ( um drawing a blank here! ) doc foster and smith sells them' date=' it basicaly makes them a hole lot better! oh man! I cant beleave I cant think of what they are called! but the package costs abought $10 per powerhead and you add it to them to increase the water movement but also disperses it so its not a stream but a wide flow.[/quote']

Are you talking about the Maxi-jet upgrades? That is the only thing I can find on the web site that might be what you are talking about....

I run a SEIO m1100 in mine (in addition to the 1800 GPH closed loop) and don't have any problems with the mushrooms. I do need to be careful where I put them initially (I have a corner where the flow is relatively low where they will attach to some gravel or I tuck the pieces down into the holes in rocks) but once they are attached they seem to be happy even in a medium to high flow area.